Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: the TURN

um yeah.. raise.. or fold LOL
Old 05-23-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: the TURN

*grunch*
raise, fold to a 3-bet
Old 05-23-2007, 01:44 PM

Default the TURN, part 2

yeah so that's a no brainer. here's where things go a bit pear-shaped.

also, i forgot one thing about the taggro, which i have added in bold to the turn action.

*PREFLOP*
Hero is button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
1 limper, dumb guy limps, taggro guy RAISES, hero 3BETS, bb calls, limper calls, dumb guy calls, taggro calls.

*FLOP* (15 SB, 5 players)
J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

bb checks, limper checks, dumb guy BETS, taggro calls, hero calls, everyone calls.

*TURN* (10 BB, 5 players)
T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

bb checks, limper checks, dumb guy BETS, taggro checks his hand again and calls, hero RAISES, 2 folds, dumb guy 3BETS, taggro 4BETS, hero...?
Old 05-23-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: the TURN, part 2

*grunch*
!"U/()"¤# fold
Old 05-23-2007, 01:50 PM

lolol callcap. we're toast. pot is too big to fold although i surely do want to.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lolol callcap. we're toast. pot is too big to fold although i surely do want to.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought this was a fold... what if they are 3-betting /capping the river.. do we call a reraise on the river?
Old 05-23-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought this was a fold... what if they are 3-betting /capping the river.. do we call a reraise on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that there's a one-in-millenium chance that taggro guy is capping this with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J or with TT or whatever.

You're winning very rarely, but you can't risk losing a 25bb pot.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:38 PM

btw, i should have mentioned that a cap is 5 bets, in case that affects anyone's decision.

for future reference, i will always call a bet a cap when it is a cap (and i believe everyone should do the same -- especially dealers!). if i say 4BETS or 5BETS or whatever, then there are more raises available.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:46 PM

I am folding to the turn 4-bet. (Edited from turn cap)

Are both the dumb guy and Taggro really going to be going nuts on the turn with just one high [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Perhaps the dumb guy might have made a straight himself, but the possible completed flush is there with lots of betting/raising ! (and I would imagine further betting on the river)
Old 05-23-2007, 02:50 PM

taggro's play looks like he has the nuts and is going for overcalls and then after the action decides to get in on the raising.

When he checked his cards on the turn, did you get any feeling whether it was "I have the nuts but am going to Hollywood it a little because I am really tricky" or that it was "I have an overpair but can't remember if one was a diamond"? Maybe you can't answer without giving away the thread.

It is hard to imagine any non-maniac live player at these limits in a multi-way pot 4bets the turn with a hand you beat. Maybe you hope he is freerolling you and dumb guy has 87 or a set?

You are also possibly facing a turn cap from dumb guy and then a raising war on the river. And there are tons of cards on the river that you are going to hate.

I really, really want to fold. But there is like a gajillion chips in the middle.