Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Ivey another final table

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately he has no chance of winning tomorrow because Fiery Justice (Jon Little) is also at this FT. GOGOGOGO FJ

[/ QUOTE ]
QFMT
Old 05-23-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hes not a internet player, he doesnt play every tournament before the main event tourneys , hes played 4 this year already making back his money with this 1 final table

[/ QUOTE ]

yes he is an internet player I watch him play everyday and he started off playing online and built his roll, he just got lucky to get on poker superstars and now everyone knows him because of that like freddy deeb, who i actually think is a better player. Ivey plays too nitty to succeed live, to used to multitabling online

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't even begin to describe how awesome this post is...
Old 05-23-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, a normal player of phil ivey's skill only wins 20% of his tournaments. But since he is phil ivey, other plays around him play worse so he gets another 10% in winning value.

You understand at a typical table with phil ivey, 3-4 of the 9 people are just trying to dump their chips to ivey so they can tell their friends they lost to him.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is an awesome point, Ivey is indeed the Tiger Woods of poker as we all know and 20 years down the road when we look back on both of their careers we'll be saying similar things. Of the 30 or so bracelets Ivey is going to win probably 10-12 will be because other guys couldn't handle the pressure and attention that comes with sitting at the same table of a player of his calibre.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:16 AM

change thread title to "levelling for beginners" and sticky, plz
Old 05-23-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

7 millions in tourny winnings yes, but what about the 70 million in buyins? Hmmm?

[/ QUOTE ]

$70 million in buy-ins? So apparently Phil Ivey has played in 7,000 $10k events. That's a 10k event every day for 19 years. Ivey is 31 years old. I guess he started playing those events when he was 12. That must have been a hell of a fake ID.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

7 millions in tourny winnings yes, but what about the 70 million in buyins? Hmmm?

[/ QUOTE ]

$70 million in buy-ins? So apparently Phil Ivey has played in 7,000 $10k events. That's a 10k event every day for 19 years. Ivey is 31 years old. I guess he started playing those events when he was 12. That must have been a hell of a fake ID.

[/ QUOTE ]
you tell em pal!
Old 05-23-2007, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're forgetting that 5 years ago he played in 2 tourneys that had a buy in for 30 mill. That leaves 10 mill for all the other tourneys that he's played.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're forgetting that 5 years ago he played in 2 tourneys that had a buy in for 30 mill. That leaves 10 mill for all the other tourneys that he's played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and I've also heard about at least one $100k donkament he and a few others played with Larry Flynt.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:48 AM

hes good when he needs to be / wants to be
Old 05-23-2007, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hes not a internet player, he doesnt play every tournament before the main event tourneys , hes played 4 this year already making back his money with this 1 final table

[/ QUOTE ]

yes he is an internet player I watch him play everyday and he started off playing online and built his roll, he just got lucky to get on poker superstars and now everyone knows him because of that like freddy deeb, who i actually think is a better player. Ivey plays too nitty to succeed live, to used to multitabling online

[/ QUOTE ]

this post is hilariously stupid..

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know of anywhere where I can read about these 30 mil buyin tourns. Who else played and who won..