Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Photos: Your Commute

[ QUOTE ]
this thread is depressing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Becuase I find beauty in my life? Becuase I do what I want to do where I want it in mah USA? Or because some people don't think like you do? I was debating posting this in BBV because being able to walk and see trees and trains everyday is a huge brag, but even if I drove there are still things to see in our static American lives that are interesting and should be noticed.

Farang ta nam khao,
--GA
Old 05-18-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Becuase I find beauty in my life? Becuase I do what I want to do where I want it in mah USA? Or because some people don't think like you do? I was debating posting this in BBV because being able to walk and see trees and trains everyday is a huge brag, but even if I drove there are still things to see in our static American lives that are interesting and should be noticed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post.

My commute at the moment is pretty nice - a 15 minute walk to the lab. It sucks when I get rained on, but it's pretty nice in the spring when the college girls are out in skimpy clothing.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Becuase I find beauty in my life? Becuase I do what I want to do where I want it in mah USA? Or because some people don't think like you do? I was debating posting this in BBV because being able to walk and see trees and trains everyday is a huge brag, but even if I drove there are still things to see in our static American lives that are interesting and should be noticed. and the home of the braaaaaaaave.

Play Ball!,
--GA

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-18-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Farang ta nam khao,
--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i don't see how this thread is depressing - never having been a serious commuter, i can't really add much, but getting up and going to work with millions of other people every day should provide some sort of mental stimulation, so long as you're looking for it and don't shut your mind off with an iPod.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Farang ta nam khao,
--GA

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? My comment has nothing to do with you. I find this thread depressing, Raptor's post also. Your's especially. Those photos depress the living hell out of me. Having spent the last three years in a big city, everything about quiet little American towns makes me squirm in my seat. I have nightmares sometimes where I am either sitting in a high school classroom or walking outside of my house and seeing nothing but suburban houes and their green lawns on each side of me and time stands still. It makes my whole my body tremble and all I can think about is getting the F out of there.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:04 PM

Guys,

Less talk, more pictures.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:45 PM

Sorry el d, but this could be an interesting discussion maybe while we're waiting for other pictures to appear?

KKF: all of my pictures are taken within two major US East coast cities, DC and Balimore.

But I do understand what you're saying. I just moved from the suburbs and the idea of living there again and driving to work freaks me out too. So I guess we're on the same page.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Farang ta nam khao,
--GA

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? My comment has nothing to do with you. I find this thread depressing, Raptor's post also. Your's especially. Those photos depress the living hell out of me. Having spent the last three years in a big city, everything about quiet little American towns makes me squirm in my seat. I have nightmares sometimes where I am either sitting in a high school classroom or walking outside of my house and seeing nothing but suburban houes and their green lawns on each side of me and time stands still. It makes my whole my body tremble and all I can think about is getting the F out of there.

[/ QUOTE ]

i love the city i live in. i hate the big city life. i like being able to get in my car, drive to the grocery store, fill up a cart with all the food and junk i want, and drive home. i love being able to walk outside, sit by the pool, read a book while my feet hang in the water. i love being able to go into my garage, work out, play some basketball, then jump in the pool to cool off. i cant imagine living in a high rise in the middle of the city, in a cramped 1 bedroom apartment. THAT would make me squirm in my seat.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Farang ta nam khao,
--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i love the city i live in. i hate the big city life. i like being able to get in my car, drive to the grocery store, fill up a cart with all the food and junk i want, and drive home. i love being able to walk outside, sit by the pool, read a book while my feet hang in the water. i love being able to go into my garage, work out, play some basketball, then jump in the pool to cool off. i cant imagine living in a high rise in the middle of the city, in a cramped 1 bedroom apartment. THAT would make me squirm in my seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funky Town = Small Town, since when?
Old 05-18-2007, 04:17 PM

sick i'm gonna take pictures next wednesday if i remember... this is a fun idea.