Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 10:41 AM

Default Re: HSP Jamie Gold gossip and ARod sighting

wow, good to know
Old 05-15-2007, 10:46 AM

TStone -
Actually it has not been confirmed. People keep saying that without remember the whole story.

Originally Todd asked Pach some question that Jamie would know the anwer too and Pach did not, so Todd was sure it was not Jamie.

But then later Todd asked Jamie live and Jamie said it was him but "a friend of his plays on the account".

So basically nobody really knows. The fact that Jamie says that it is sometimes him on the account does not qualify as 'confirmation' IMO.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Jamie Gold losses on HSP, ARod sighting and other Bellagio gossip

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-ARod was at the bellagio today playing 10/20nl. he refused to play a shorthanded 25/50 game so they actually made it 10/20 for him. he bought in for 3k or so and got all his money in with a set vs a draw and lost. i dont think he lost any more money other than that and a 2p2er said he played decent. pretty odd seeing him play at the bellagio when he had a game yesterday and has another one tommorow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice stopover from Seattle to Chicago.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really interesting in light of the yanks signing clemens, and all the controversy about the clause in his contract that allows him to miss games and fly on his own and not be with the team at all times. Wonder if the yankees knew about this stopover, and if this would make baseball tonight and sportscenter if they got a hold of it.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:05 PM

Where does ANass get his money, does he have other buisness interests other than his gyno, cant be that much money in that surely?
Old 05-15-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who is arod?

[/ QUOTE ]

Arod Naseef, an Arab billionaire sand exporter.

He's got pretty sick game.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:13 PM

oh it definitely would make the news. I mean omg GAMBOOLING is EVVVIL and on game day!
Old 05-15-2007, 12:19 PM

Depending on what time ARod was there, I don't find it that odd at all. They had a day off and he probably just wanted to relax. Who knows, maybe this will pull him out of his slump.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:25 PM

ironically, they had a sox game and a mets game playing on a plasma screen right over his head in front of him. i dont think i saw him lift his head to see the scores in those games once the entire night.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-ARod was at the bellagio today playing 10/20nl. he refused to play a shorthanded 25/50 game so they actually made it 10/20 for him. he bought in for 3k or so and got all his money in with a set vs a draw and lost. i dont think he lost any more money other than that and a 2p2er said he played decent. pretty odd seeing him play at the bellagio when he had a game yesterday and has another one tommorow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice stopover from Seattle to Chicago.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really interesting in light of the yanks signing clemens, and all the controversy about the clause in his contract that allows him to miss games and fly on his own and not be with the team at all times. Wonder if the yankees knew about this stopover, and if this would make baseball tonight and sportscenter if they got a hold of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

On days off, players routinely do their own thing. I'd venture a guess that: Arod was with the team until he needed to be on Sunday after game with Seattle and will be in Chicago ready to go today (Tues) at the park for the game vs. White Sox.

Doesn't make Sportscenter when star pitcher is drunk at a bar at 4:00am and two girls on his arms. That'd me more detrimental to the team than sitting at a poker game.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ironically, they had a sox game and a mets game playing on a plasma screen right over his head in front of him. i dont think i saw him lift his head to see the scores in those games once the entire night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man that is soo ironic.