Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 06:08 AM

Default Re: Worst kicker

Hand 2 is an easy fold preflop. Hand 1 I might raise preflop when there are tight players behind me. I wouldn't hate a fold, though.

Postflop, hand 1 looks fine. That's the problem with playing possibly dominated hands. It costs you money.

Hand 2 I'd prolly check the river, hoping to get it checked through. I can't see a lot of worse hands calling. But this depends on reads.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Both of these are folds pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why you think that?

I open in MP3 and MP2 whit decent hands, I think my chances to steal blinds are big enough.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think either of this hand is "decent." QTo in MP3 is marginal, JTo in MP is bad.

I haven't played .25/.5 for quite a while, but if MP2 open-raises really often take it down preflop at this level then you should consider to change tables.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:37 AM

quote:

I haven't played .25/.5 for quite a while, but if MP2 open-raises really often take it down preflop at this level then you should consider open-raising a lot more .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 05-14-2007, 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I haven't played .25/.5 for quite a while, but if MP2 open-raises really often take it down preflop at this level then you should consider open-raising a lot more .

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

Still, JTo is too weak. And I'd prefer to change tables. Weak-tight opponents are good, loose-passives are better.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:43 AM

Babar, after reading your post, I just had some comments.

I have a fairly LAG style of play in live games and I raise with a wide variety of hands preflop, especially in position. However, I dont like raising hands (outside the button) like JTo or QTo, simply because if anyone calls it will be very difficult to gauge how aggressive we should be on the flop. JT and QT are hands that become profitable when we can size up how strong our opposition is. For example, if we open raise QTo and 3 people call, it will be rather difficult to choose a course of action even on a Q hi-flop. do we call down if raised? do we bet middle pair OOP? i suppose expert postflop players can make money this way, but for most of us (including me) who are only human postflop the whole situation becomes murky.

contrast this to limping with a hand like QTo after a few limpers. now the hand becomes much easier to play in position. for example with a flop like Q87, its a easy bet if checked to, an easy call if thers a bet and multiple callers, and an easy raise if theres a bunch of people that check and one bet to you.

i would much rather open with a hand like 89s, where i can play with more confidence after the flop.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:54 AM

chino, i agree with what you're saying. i am deliberately being a bit over the top in this thread to counteract what i see as a lot of weak-tightish recommendations in this forum lately. also, i don't know if you play online a lot, but the games are much different than live. of course i'd never raise jto or qjo 2 or 3 seats in in a live game because it doesn't accomplish anything. online if my game is often blind steals or 2 or 3 to the flop, this play has more value. i don't have the money to play high enough live to replicate those game conditions [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] but i imagine it'd be 20/40 or above.