Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2006, 08:15 PM

Default Re: best foxwoods character

[ QUOTE ]
my vote for my favorite foxwoods character has to be THE BEE MASTER. used to play 1/2 NL a ton like a year ago. he would wear a safari expedition looking hat (he told me it was actually a postal employee hat), a bright orange blank tshirt (said he worked for the DOT or something) and a SWEET fannypack that he keeps his tip chips in. oh and of course some sunglasses.

he used to sit at a 1/2 table and push every single hand until he doubled or tripled up.... and then would play extremely tight... like no one noticed.

hes actually fairly witty and pretty fun to talk to. ive been playing almost exclusively online the past few months so im not sure if he went broke yet or what... but i do know that i miss him

[/ QUOTE ]

The BEE MASTER made an appearance today (Feb 20th). I was at his 1/2NL table all afternoon. He was in the 2 seat, and I was in the 7, so we didn't talk, but he seemed like a very nice friendly guy. One point he sat out for 3 orbits while waiting for his lunch order, so he wouldn't dirty his hands.

Sorry to say I mistakenly referred to him as the Bee Keeper to my buddy who got placed next to me. Bee Master was playing tight, but then would make big 100 raises in big pots. I don't think he had much those times, because I was able to pick him off once in a huge pot. But he was very even tempered and genuinely friendly.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my vote for my favorite foxwoods character has to be THE BEE MASTER. used to play 1/2 NL a ton like a year ago. he would wear a safari expedition looking hat (he told me it was actually a postal employee hat), a bright orange blank tshirt (said he worked for the DOT or something) and a SWEET fannypack that he keeps his tip chips in. oh and of course some sunglasses.

he used to sit at a 1/2 table and push every single hand until he doubled or tripled up.... and then would play extremely tight... like no one noticed.

hes actually fairly witty and pretty fun to talk to. ive been playing almost exclusively online the past few months so im not sure if he went broke yet or what... but i do know that i miss him

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy also did the strangest card capping...he had a watch face he put in the middle of the table then slid it on his cards.........guy was a freak
Old 02-20-2006, 09:57 PM

That sure sounds like Dee.

In pretty good shape, born again?

He won $70-80K in a tourny a while back and was broke 2 weeks later.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:59 PM

Last I heard Bigfoot was out in Vegas. I think that there are quite a few folks at FW's that are looking for him trying to get their loan back.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah and the bastard took 17 racks out of the game one time, some kind of record

[/ QUOTE ]

Norman?

I was remarking to someone the other day, I don't think that I have ever seen Norman leave a winner, and I've seen him dump over 7 racks.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like Norm and I don't care if he lost his house he has to push his cards in, he knows not to try that crap with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like Norman either, but I like him in the game.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

or maaaybe that tight ass asian 20/40 guy (action-eddie) that leaves every orbit and only plays AA, KK and talks to me like I'm the brother he never had. . .god i hate him.

[/ QUOTE ]
What? I think that's Dave you're talking about..kind of softspoken? Dave's like one of the 20 nicest people in the room.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That sure sounds like Dee.

In pretty good shape, born again?

He won $70-80K in a tourny a while back and was broke 2 weeks later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems in decent shape, medium height, kinda thick looking for a body type. Seems like a "cool cat", very comfortable with himself.

I remember back when they still gave out line tickets for the morning tournaments. Someone asked him if he would sell them his line pass, and how much was it worth to him. His response was $5,000.

But yes, I did hear the story about him having about 70K and blowing it very quickly. Mus be the same dude.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

or maaaybe that tight ass asian 20/40 guy (action-eddie) that leaves every orbit and only plays AA, KK and talks to me like I'm the brother he never had. . .god i hate him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Eddie has been known to pull a few shady moves from time to time. He's supposed to know martial arts and his sons are black belts. He threatened one of the younger guys the other day, and while the guy wasn't scared or anything, he was fed up with Eddie's antics so he swore out a complaint against Eddie and the CT state cops came took him away.

One of Eddie's tricks is during his trips away from the table, he'll buy another stack or two of chips and add them to his stack so the others won't think he's stuck.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:06 PM

Dear Lord, that guy. I find him pretty annoying, and I love people in general. Yes, he's pretty solid. Yes, he's a character. No, I wouldn't want to stand next to him at a party -- he's got a canned line for everything. It's like watching a really bad episode of ~Whose Line Is It Anyway~.