Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Re: * removal

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's nothing like that and you know it. nobody is given a * for having an opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wrong. Both X-Factor and some other guy both recently got a * for a dissenting opinion (on this second one I can look it up but I did comment on it within that thread). Point is, posters take their * seriously - whether people consider doing that dumb or not - and to give * them as a mod simply because you don't agree with them is pretty arbitrary and a slippery slope.

[/ QUOTE ]
\
funny how the oot sticky warns users that OOT is moderated in both a harsh and arbitrary fashion. there is no slippery slope. if we think you deserve a *, you get one.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:22 AM

i need to think of something bad enough to do to get 'Infinite *'
Old 05-13-2007, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's nothing like that and you know it. nobody is given a * for having an opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wrong. Both X-Factor and some other guy both recently got a * for a dissenting opinion (on this second one I can look it up but I did comment on it within that thread). Point is, posters take their * seriously - whether people consider doing that dumb or not - and to give * them as a mod simply because you don't agree with them is pretty arbitrary and a slippery slope.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok well i know i personally have never and will never give anyone a * for having an opinion. i'd really to see proof that anyone has been given a * for a differing opinion.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:51 AM

daryn, i gave out both of those *s, and they were given out for people who were derailing threads by repeating retarded opinions over and over again. not just 'having an opinion.' x-factor got his for that golf pro thread where they were docking his hours, where he made like ten posts insisting that practicing golf for a golf pro is no different than him having to be able to balance his checkbook due to working in a bank. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] . in both cases i've warned the posters who were derailing the thread with this retardation and they continued.

since it has been so well received i think i will do it more often.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:07 AM

sounds good to me!
Old 05-13-2007, 05:17 PM

daryn, I think I gave an example.

But, you may be looking for an first *.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:30 AM

Listen if you guys really want your stars removed I can arrange it. NT, Dr Savage an I plan to go to Lugers some time in the near future, now say there was a bottle of Phelps Insignia 2002 Cab on the table I bet that * would magically disappear. PS transfers accepted.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:33 AM

From the OOT sticky --

"The * system awards a * to a poster for crappy or inappropriate posts. *** and you’ll get either banned or exiled. A * can be removed in certain circumstances as well, but don’t count on it."

Maybe it can be edited to say that those with *'s can appeal via PM to the issuer of the *. If you do not know who gave you the *, then PM NT! since most likely it was him or he'll find out if it wasn't.

This may eliminate the "Please take my * away" threads in ATF. Maybe make a note saying to wait at least 30 days before requesting.

A little ironic since I myself made this type of thread to get mine removed...
Old 05-14-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
\
funny how the oot sticky warns users that OOT is moderated in both a harsh and arbitrary fashion. there is no slippery slope. if we think you deserve a *, you get one.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny, b/c I laugh when people complain about *'s. Most of the time they're given to people who likely did not read the sticky, and/or their posts really suck or their thread is one sentence long, vague, and incomplete.

Also, does anyone else see a poster with ** posting and think 'man, this guy's living on the edge!'

Like absoludicrous. I like some of his posts, but when I see them, i'm always reminded of how close he is to obliteration.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Listen if you guys really want your stars removed I can arrange it. NT, Dr Savage an I plan to go to Lugers some time in the near future, now say there was a bottle of Phelps Insignia 2002 Cab on the table I bet that * would magically disappear. PS transfers accepted.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how many bottles would it take for a permaban reversal?

LOL at people crying about their *'s. I figured I'd get one in the thread where I got the axe. Figured I'd prolly get a month in the hole too. And I had never been given any previous *'s or warnings.