Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: 1/2 start off br

[ QUOTE ]
i had $12k before i started playing NL200 properly.

Say u have $8k, and want to move up but are unsure. It's probably gonna only take 2 weeks to make the extra $2k at NL100 to get to $10k. why be so rushed?

[/ QUOTE ]

POKER BOOM IS FADING GOGOGOGO.

lol...umm I moved up to nl200 with a 6k br. If you beat nl100 regularly you have no reason not to at least take shots at 1/2 even if your at 20bi (4k)...if you lose a few buyins move back down...eventually ull take off and be good to go. However, lots of people don't like taking "shots" because they can just get hit by variance blah blah....w/e..Nothing wrong with takin shots, just dont change ya game
Old 05-08-2007, 11:51 PM

People always ask about how much of a BR they need to move up. That's fine but surely win rate has to be taken in conjunction with that?
For instance, if you're winning 0.5 ptBB/100 @ NL100, you probably shouldn't be moving up even if your BR is 20K.
No?
Old 05-09-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People always ask about how much of a BR they need to move up. That's fine but surely win rate has to be taken in conjunction with that?
For instance, if you're winning 0.5 ptBB/100 @ NL100, you probably shouldn't be moving up even if your BR is 20K.
No?

[/ QUOTE ]
this is going to be tough because to get an accurate account of a person's true winrate it will takes hundreds of thousands of hands at that level. the problem is that they might run well and their bankroll becomes big enough to move up one or two levels without it really being proved that they are a decent winner.

obviously if your winrate is very low then you should be working on your game before even thinking about moving up, so in that respect i agree that even with an oversized bankroll you probably still shouldnt move up if you are barely winning at your current limit. i have seen it mentioned by a well respected online pro before that people's bankrolls often exceed their skill level, which imo is very true.

taking 2-5 buyin shots is not a bad way to go. if you happen to run well and win a few buyins you can "let it ride" and try to move up permanently. thats how i made it to 2/4nl.