Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Why Can\'t People Forgive?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Basically these people can never have families with this law. Good luck to a guy who has a kid giving him a ride somewhere with this license plate. They will be harassed by people wherever they go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem if these sickos refrained from breeding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or if they already have kids? Or if they would like to have a relationship with another human being of any kind?
Old 05-07-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Basically these people can never have families with this law. Good luck to a guy who has a kid giving him a ride somewhere with this license plate. They will be harassed by people wherever they go.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or if they already have kids? Or if they would like to have a relationship with another human being of any kind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sexual predators should not be allowed to raise children, and if this stuff gets ubiquitous enough, maybe these sickos will think abotu the consequences of their actions before they decide to molest a child.

Only someone from teh green party would try to defend child molesters.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:40 PM

guids,

"Only someone from teh green party would try to defend child molesters."

That wasn't very nice.

CC's not "defending" child molesters. Your comment above is the type of hyperbole that people like MADD trot out when someone points out the legal limit is too low. "Oh, so you SUPPORT drunk driving then?"

I agree with him 100%, this is going way, way too far. Either keep them imprisoned or let them live. They can't really live a normal, productive life driving a car with those plates, they'd be constant targets of ridicule and scorn, and quite frankly I think it could contribute to them relapsing.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sexual predators should not be allowed to raise children, and if this stuff gets ubiquitous enough, maybe these sickos will think abotu the consequences of their actions before they decide to molest a child.

Only someone from teh green party would try to defend child molesters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry I don't prescribe to your thug land justice. Yes I am a green party member and I believe in civil liberties and wild things like that. I have a feeling you know absolutely nothing about the green party or any of their ideals.

This law denies sex offenders the opportunity to rejoin society and further ostracizes them. As has been pointed out them have a lower rate of re incarceration than other criminals.

In the end there is no merit in this discussion. You want much harsher punishments than I think is necessary. I believe, as backed up by statistics, that these people can rejoin society. Laws like this only serve endanger them when they get out of jail.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guids,

"Only someone from teh green party would try to defend child molesters."

That wasn't very nice.

CC's not "defending" child molesters. Your comment above is the type of hyperbole that people like MADD trot out when someone points out the legal limit is too low. "Oh, so you SUPPORT drunk driving then?"

I agree with him 100%, this is going way, way too far. Either keep them imprisoned or let them live. They can't really live a normal, productive life driving a car with those plates, they'd be constant targets of ridicule and scorn, and quite frankly I think it could contribute to them relapsing.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a low blow, but I dont care, I wont and I honestly refuse to even listen to what people like him have to say. to me, Im incredulous at the thought that, "these laws ostracize child molestors, and make it harder for them in society". I find that statement stupid and ridiculous.
the drunk driving thing is COMPLETELY different, its a different set of laws, lobbyists etc involved. there should be tiers of sexual offenders obv, and Im not talking about a 15/18 year old hookup, Im talking about the 50 year old raping the 12 year old. If their feelings are hurt, and they are the target of public scorn...good, they deserve it, or worse. If my 11 year old brother knows which house a sex offender lives in, or knows that the driver of a car molested some kid, I have no qualms about it, because he is safer, if at comes at the expense of "hurting a molesters feelings", do you really think I give a [censored]?
Old 05-07-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well maybe they just not rape or sexually assault people in the first place. I wouldnt care if these people had a giant flashing sign above their head that said "CONVICTED RAPIST".
Old 05-07-2007, 03:03 PM

It's a sad fact in today's society that convicted felons who may have committed a stupid act in the past, and have paid their debt in prison, are barring a miracle destined to a life of low paying jobs, discrimination, living on the edges of society, etc....
Old 05-07-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well maybe they just not rape or sexually assault people in the first place. I wouldnt care if these people had a giant flashing sign above their head that said "CONVICTED RAPIST".

[/ QUOTE ]
Given your posting history, this is unsurprising. How about if the person was wrongfully convicted?

guids, fine, whatever. I just don't get how you don't see how this is potentially contributing to the problem more than it's helping. What you're missing is that by making this person a social outcast and branding them as such, they're more likely to act out the very behavior that people expect of them.

If this was me, I would walk, bike, bus, or steal another license plate before I would drive around with this scarlet letter.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about if the person was wrongfully convicted?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuq, this is the American legal system. The best in the world! No one would has ever been wrongly convicted in our system. Are you insinuating that there might be some level or corruption or a lack of quality legal representation to lower class individuals that may lead to wrongful imprisonment? If so...may I suggest moving somewhere else, Egypt perhaps?
Old 05-07-2007, 03:12 PM

Those who cannot forgive others break the bridge over which they themselves must pass.