Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: NYU Dave v. NYU Dave 100/200 NL: Two hands.

I like your posts Dave. Give us even more details on characters, settings etc...
1. He is acting like he wants a call, since he knows this, I call.
2. Fold. Trying to price you in.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:55 PM

i have played with NYU dave many times, to say that he likes to make moves is the understatment of the year. he loves to bluff show it and rub it in your face. based on his rep there is no way david can fold these hands. Dave this is dan we have playe dmany times at the Geneo together. The first hand is a no brianer , he is repping the 3. Easisiet call ever, 2nd is a bit tougher but how can u lay down to NYu dave...lol, dave is that game as juicy as you say it is?
Old 05-06-2007, 10:25 PM

1) his range here IMO is boat 65% straight 30% bare trips 5% in terms of his raising for value range. then there are bluffs. you have to figure out how often he's bluffing, but you don't beat his value raising range like ever. IMO this huge river c/r is rarely a bluff since ppl rarely c/r river bluff and usually not this big... so i'd fold.

2) i'd prefer to bet/fold this river, i think you lose value from worse trips and top pair hands by checking. but once you check it should be to check/fold since he usually has pairs or draws, and when you check he checks behind pairs. if he bluffs missed straight draws sometimes but always bets flushes and always checks pairs, you're a big dog to his river betting range... so i also think this one is a fold once you check the river.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Forget NYU Dave, I wanna hear about "Russian" Al's play or maybe "Duron-key".

[/ QUOTE ]

If "Russian" Al (i can only imagine where his money comes from) and/or Duron(rich kid family money) are in this game in NY,,,,,,,,,,I dont care what the stakes are,it HAS to be weak.
They are the TWO biggest HS fish in the the northeast!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahahhaaa! I knew someone knew my boys....

Yes they are weak LOL.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

lol...do i know you? what is your name?

oh, HU?

[/ QUOTE ]

you are getting a lot better at posting on here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2007, 03:52 AM

Default RESULTS....i got pwned.

[ QUOTE ]
1) his range here IMO is boat 65% straight 30% bare trips 5% in terms of his raising for value range. then there are bluffs. you have to figure out how often he's bluffing, but you don't beat his value raising range like ever. IMO this huge river c/r is rarely a bluff since ppl rarely c/r river bluff and usually not this big... so i'd fold.

2) i'd prefer to bet/fold this river, i think you lose value from worse trips and top pair hands by checking. but once you check it should be to check/fold since he usually has pairs or draws, and when you check he checks behind pairs. if he bluffs missed straight draws sometimes but always bets flushes and always checks pairs, you're a big dog to his river betting range... so i also think this one is a fold once you check the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the most solid advice I have read so far amongst the others. The river CR was just sooo big, and combined with his antics (his standard M.O. is to use double reverse psychology--which I didn't mention before) should have dictated a fold. Also, and this is someone no one commented on, his donk turn bet/calling of the raise should have tipped me off that he was trapping (hence, he was inducing a raise). In any case, I literally thought for about 5-8 minutes, and finally called. He had JJJ.

2) On this hand, this was a super ez fold. When he calls the pot-sized flop cr, and he calls the turn bet, he is not floating. He either has a combo draw, or straight draw. I guess there is a chance he has a one pair hand like KK,AA,JJ, so I'm not sure if betting is preferred here, but I think I like to check, with the intention of check folding. Also, his river bet size is super scary here, since it's so much in the "value range."

He had AQss, having turned top pair.

One line I really thought would have been dirty was cring to like 15kish or so. Stack sizes would have been perfect for a river shove.

ps. for anyone who thinks nyu dave is a donk (either me or or the other nyu dave) both of us LOVE to play hu. and nyu dave is up a LOT more than most people's bankrolls in the past month or so in the biggest games in the city, so he's doing just fine...
Old 05-07-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
arent you scared cops or someone else will rob you playing with this much cash?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...no, we don't bring cash to the games, everything is settled later.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The comments and behavior after the river bet make me want to call. Getting up and leaving, going to smoke and THEN making faces at you shows me that he wasn't comfortable enough to act cool at the table, and needed to get into a less stressful environment to get it together. "The Q didn't help me," isn't a standard comment IMO. When a good player makes a comment that you hear often from less-good players, he's usually employing some kind of fake (or double-fake). But a non-standard comment is less likely to be used this way, and at face value, he seems to be trying to say subtly that he's not bluffing. I think he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly what he wants people to think...
Old 05-07-2007, 04:18 AM

hey in hand 1 i think you call the river. given that he calls preflop with any 2 cards, i think he is just using a scary board to raise big. hand 2 i'd fold river, also the call preflop is a big big mistake not a little one.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey in hand 1 i think you call the river. given that he calls preflop with any 2 cards, i think he is just using a scary board to raise big. hand 2 i'd fold river, also the call preflop is a big big mistake not a little one.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree...in retrospect...the call preflop is awful. a few of the people i talk through hands whose opinions i respected most said that even in a 3 handed deepstack game it's a huge leak...
Closed Thread