Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Controversy at the Playboy mansion

W,

"Is Shannon Elizabeth still dating Joe Sebok? Did they plan this weekend as a [censored]-people-over-in-poker couples outting? "

What's the Joe Sebok story?
Old 04-30-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
W,

"Is Shannon Elizabeth still dating Joe Sebok? Did they plan this weekend as a [censored]-people-over-in-poker couples outting? "

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe may or may not have backed out of an FTP SNG challenge this weekend: angleshoot?
Old 04-30-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
W,

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post10180166
Old 04-30-2007, 04:32 PM

yea i pretty much hate annie duke, she is gross and they all blow at poker
Old 04-30-2007, 04:33 PM

Anyone have Terrence's e-mail address? I want to post this on my site.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:37 PM

Old 04-30-2007, 04:37 PM

I was standing right behind Terrence for the final table and this is basically how it went down.

Prizing was two ME seats for first, second a dream US Open golf trip and third a 55' TV.

For most of the final table, Annie was sitting beside SD. Steve was showing her (and all of us) his cards each hand. I didnt specifically hear AD tell Steve what to do, but I think Terrence heard her tell him to fold or whatever a couple times. I did hear her tell Steve that he probably didnt need to play a hand when three handed. Also, when Terrence moved in tshe said "put your chips up against his (instead of counting cause he was bombed) to see if you should call. She also told the dealer, on Steve's behalf apparently, "he's not calling" but just measuring stacks. Im jumping ahead, though.

When they got to 4 handed, the TD decided that they were going to play one more round and then declare placing by chip count. SD had a small chip lead and SE and TC were close with the fourth guy the short stack. Terrence folded and SE moved in on the button with A9. Fourth guy in SB called with AQ. Flop 99x. SE is now chip leader and tells SD several times not to play another hand. First out loud, then she mouthed the words while looking at him. This would indicate to me that she knew what she was doing was wrong. TC moves in the last two hands and obv SE and SD fold.

So SE ends up winning based on chip count and Steve gets second and TC third. How TC ends up with second prize (the golf trip) instead of third is beyond me. I guess the tournament directors decided that since SE and SD ended up splitting first then TC gets the golf trip. Now, to be clear, TC is most interested in winning a WSOP seat and has never watched golf in his life. He would actually rather have the TV for third. I know he is going to be talking to the organizers today to see if they will make it right, but it is a charity event after all and none of this should fall on them. They hired people VERY qualified people (WSOP staff) to run the event.

It's too bad it ended the way it did. It really was a fun night and alcohol was a big factor, although SE and AD seemed very sober to me. The table was surrounded with people in various states of inebreiation and was somewhat chaotic so getting a handle on the whole thing would have been difficult even for the most experienced tournament staff. That being said, SE and AD know about collusion and the one player to a hand rule so the commotion isnt an excuse. It's too bad that the TD decided to end the tourney, because with all due respect to SE and SD, TC is a much better player than either of them. With the format the way it was, it was basically a SNG. As you may know, TC edited the single table portion of Bill Chen and Jerrod's book.

Also, someone aaid that the TD wanted SE to win because it looks good to have her as champion. I don't think this was the case at all. He declared one more round when she wasnt the chip leader and I believe he just wanted to find a way to end it fast. There are better ways of course, but his intentions were good. Also, I think SE was more concerned with the ME seats then actually winning the event, but I could be wrong.

Tuco.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:56 PM

if anyone tried to pull some crap like this on me, i would make a gigantic deal about it. i dont care if its a charity tournament or not, it ruins the integrity of the game. thats just awful. though ive never met him, im 100% on terrence chans side, and if he wanted to make a bigger deal about it id get his back. this is just really terrible imo. its also blatantly clear they wanted to have a poster girl shannon elizabeth win this thing, and did their best to set it up this way. ugh.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SE is now chip leader and tells SD several times not to play another hand. First out loud, then she mouthed the words while looking at him.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would seriously lose it if i was at the table witnessing this, much less playing against someone doing that right in front of me. like, absolutely lose it.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:59 PM

at least he can tell the grandkids he got [censored] by Shannon and Annie at the playboy mansion when he was a young man...
Closed Thread