Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: ***Official April Graphs / May Goals Thread ***

[ QUOTE ]
i see pokerboy push all-in preflop with KK and OMG

[/ QUOTE ]

I see you are one of those weak preflop players who just calls a preflop raise with kings because "he might have aces".

You are probably working on getting your pfr% up, am I right?

And if I'm getting it in pf with kings I probably have a 60bb stack. If you're folding every hand but aces to a 3-bet you are seriously giving up a lot of equity.

I don't expect you to understand any of this, but what the heck.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:28 PM

1p0kerboy how long have you been playing Full time poker? Also how have you done over the past 4 months prior to this.?

I would wonder if this is just a bad run and therefore out of 12 months if you win 8 months of 12 you should still be ok right?
Old 04-30-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5. get PFR over 6%

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...yeah.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see you are one of those weak preflop players who just calls a preflop raise with kings because "he might have aces".

And if I'm getting it in pf with kings I probably have a 60bb stack. If you're folding every hand but aces to a 3-bet you are seriously giving up a lot of equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey hey, let's not ruin this thread with stupid ideas like pushing KK(or AA for that matter) preflop..what if he has pocket jokers?

Morans. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Such an angry pokerboy.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1p0kerboy how long have you been playing Full time poker? Also how have you done over the past 4 months prior to this.?

[/ QUOTE ]

Full time since December.

Here is cash games from January-March of this year, minus a week I took off.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question, how do I get PT to understand real time it has always been messed up when it comes to how long (hours) I have played. Id like to know my $/Hour however it is so messed up its not even close. any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the session notes page , make sure "show true hourly win rate" is checked. If not that I have no idea.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I 3bet, but when he pushes all-in, and he isn't >40% VPIP, I fold. ::GASP:: If he calls and the flop shows no A, I push in. I just think pushing all-in preflop with KK is a little donkeyish... I prefer to find better spots, that's all.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Spot on.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
At the risk of contradicting my own statement and sounding VERY donkeyish, I call probably 60-75% of 3bets, simply because I am only raising with PPs (AA-55). So if a guy is a TAG brother of mine, I know I can stack him if I hit my set (read: value of sitting with 100BB). Further, if I do have AA and decide to just call and check (inducing a large cbet), I stackola Villian >90% of time.

I'm no doubt conservative, but I like money. Pushing AIPF with KK after being 3bet, or calling an AIPF after you've been 4 bet just can't be +EV... can it? is PS that loose?!
Old 04-30-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a question, how do I get PT to understand real time it has always been messed up when it comes to how long (hours) I have played. Id like to know my $/Hour however it is so messed up its not even close. any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the session notes page , make sure "show true hourly win rate" is checked. If not that I have no idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

K thanks mang. Not sure why this dont carry over to the other tabs as well. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I 3bet, but when he pushes all-in, and he isn't >40% VPIP, I fold. ::GASP:: If he calls and the flop shows no A, I push in. I just think pushing all-in preflop with KK is a little donkeyish... I prefer to find better spots, that's all.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Spot on.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
At the risk of contradicting my own statement and sounding VERY donkeyish, I call probably 60-75% of 3bets, simply because I am only raising with PPs (AA-55). So if a guy is a TAG brother of mine, I know I can stack him if I hit my set (read: value of sitting with 100BB). Further, if I do have AA and decide to just call and check (inducing a large cbet), I stackola Villian >90% of time.

I'm no doubt conservative, but I like money. Pushing AIPF with KK after being 3bet, or calling an AIPF after you've been 4 bet just can't be +EV... can it? is PS that loose?!

[/ QUOTE ]
Well there are of course some times you have to call even if you know he has AA.