Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: A Turtle Can Out-Run a Bulldozer

[ QUOTE ]
So by that logic, any police officer or soldier killed in the line of duty should get no sympathy right? and any condemnation for the actions of those that killed them are off limits right? after all, they know those jobs are dangerous, they could have been a baker or candlestick maker right?

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY .. if you cant runn w/ the big dogs etc etc. Puting on a uniform and "puting your life on the line" means exactly that. You cant just take a mulligan when the tank is crushing you or the bullet strikes.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
So by that logic, any police officer or soldier killed in the line of duty should get no sympathy right? and any condemnation for the actions of those that killed them are off limits right? after all, they know those jobs are dangerous, they could have been a baker or candlestick maker right?

[/ QUOTE ]

If a solidier does something idiotic like run in front of a tank, I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. Do you condemn or approve of the murder of Rachel Corrie?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at loading the question. It was not murder.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The driver both heard her and saw her. She had a bullhorn. This was murder.

[/ QUOTE ]
I never heard about a bullhorn.
If I accept the premise that she had a bullhorn, then she played a game of chicken and she lost.

Assuming your assertions are correct, then this is not murder.
1st. The driver of the bulldozer could correctly assume that instincts would takeover and she would get out-of-the-way.
2nd. By Israeli law, the actions of the driver to knock down that house was legal.
3rd. By Israeli law, the actions of this girl were illegal.
4th. If the girl had not placed herself in the path of a bulldozer, then she would be alive today.
5th. She had the power to get out of the way. She chose not to. This is pretty stupid on her part.
6th. The driver could get killed for leaving his bulldozer to physical remove her. The reason why these bulldozers are armored. Arab snipers have a history of trying to kill them. To leave his vehicle was to risk his life. This girl had ZERO right to jeopardize the driver's life by compeling him to leave the safety of his vehicle...
7th. You ignore the innocent deaths of Israelis committed by a member of this terrorist family. They were unarmed and yet Arab terrorists murdered them. These deaths were murder...unlike the death of this girl.

Yes, I am callous. Life made me this way. But it allows me to view situations in an more unemotional way. In this situation, this girl was an idiot. They are other ways to protest....she should have pursued other ways to protest.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1st. The driver of the bulldozer could correctly assume that instincts would takeover and she would get out-of-the-way.
2nd. By Israeli law, the actions of the driver to knock down that house was legal.
3rd. By Israeli law, the actions of this girl were illegal.
4th. If the girl had not placed herself in the path of a bulldozer, then she would be alive today.
5th. She had the power to get out of the way. She chose not to. This is pretty stupid on her part.
6th. The driver could get killed for leaving his bulldozer to physical remove her. The reason why these bulldozers are armored. Arab snipers have a history of trying to kill them. To leave his vehicle was to risk his life. This girl had ZERO right to jeopardize the driver's life by compeling him to leave the safety of his vehicle...
7th. You ignore the innocent deaths of Israelis committed by a member of this terrorist family. They were unarmed and yet Arab terrorists murdered them. These deaths were murder...unlike the death of this girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right over the plate, as usual. Thanks Felix.

1st. Rachel could have assumed that the instincts of the driver would take over and he would not murder her.

2nd. By International law, the actions of the driver to knock down that house was illegal.
3rd. By International law, the actions of this girl were legal.
4th. If the driver had not run her over, she would be alive today
5th. He had the power to not murder her. This was pretty evil on his part.
6th. The action he was engaging in was a house demolition and is a form of collective punishment. This is expressly illegal underinternational law. The driver had ZERO right to even be in Gaza at that time, and he had ZERO right to demolish the hosue, and he had ZERO right to murder an innocent girl.
7th. "You ignore the innocent deaths of Israelis committed by a member of this terrorist family." Besides being stupid, your point is factually innacurate. The owner of the house was a doctor, and his family had nothing to do with terrorism. The house was being demolished under the pretense of uprooting tunnels that were supposedly being used to smuggle stuff in from egypt.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I am callous. Life made me this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain. I am very curious as to the sequence of life events that had to have occurred in order for you to become the person you are today.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Disparaging the memory of someone who died attempting to nonviolently protect Palestinian homes from demolition whether or not you agree with the politics, wisdom, or efficacy of that action just makes you look like callous [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't consider callousness to be a vice.
Why did this girl not protest the murdered Israelis that were killed by a suicide bomber's family? Selective outrage at its finest.

No evidence has been presented to me whether the driver saw her or not. Armored bulldozers have only a small peakhole to see where you are going. Bulldozer's are very loud and I suspect the driver was wearing ear protection as well. I was a tanker in the army and I ALWAYS wore ear protection... Snow claims the girl had a bullhorn. He provides no evidence to support this and the PLO have been notorius liars for years.

If she had a bullhorn, and
If the driver could hear the bullhorn over the noise of the dozer,
then as far as the driver knows the bullhorn noise could be coming from behind him. If he could NOT see her through the peak hole, then he wouldn't have a reason to stop...would he?
Old 04-30-2007, 03:17 PM

Please do not call her a girl. She was not a girl. She was a grown woman. Of course, twisting the truth to make it a sadder cause is nothing new for you.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:32 PM

If she was climbing on to a moving bulldozer with a bullhorn in one hand, slipped and fell off, and was run over you are way over the line calling this a murder.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1st. Rachel could have assumed that the instincts of the driver would take over and he would not murder her.
2nd. By International law, the actions of the driver to knock down that house was illegal.
3rd. By International law, the actions of this girl were legal.
4th. If the driver had not run her over, she would be alive today
5th. He had the power to not murder her. This was pretty evil on his part.
6th. The action he was engaging in was a house demolition and is a form of collective punishment. This is expressly illegal underinternational law. The driver had ZERO right to even be in Gaza at that time, and he had ZERO right to demolish the hosue, and he had ZERO right to murder an innocent girl.
7th. "You ignore the innocent deaths of Israelis committed by a member of this terrorist family." Besides being stupid, your point is factually innacurate. The owner of the house was a doctor, and his family had nothing to do with terrorism. The house was being demolished under the pretense of uprooting tunnels that were supposedly being used to smuggle stuff in from egypt.

[/ QUOTE ]
A. There is NO SUCH THING as INTERNATIONAL LAW.
There are only treaties... If Israeli is violating a treaty that they ratified then provide evidence (which you can not). So please drop this ridiculous "international law nonsense".
B. She placed herself in danger. Even if she had a bullhorn then as far as the driver knew the noise could have been coming from behind him or the side. The driver has only a small peakhole to see where he is going. If he can't see her then stopping is not an option.
C. You don't know what the driver could see and not see through his peep-hole.
D. The Isreali govt had settlements in Gaza. of course they had the right to be there.
E. Collective punishment by Israelis towards the familes of suicide bombers is legal by Israeli law so cite a treaty that Israeli has ratified or please stop uttering this international law nonsense..
F. As for the context of an innocent family geting their house bulldozed, this does not pass the smell test. The modus operindi of the Israelis is to bulldoze the homes of the familes of terrorists that Have taken Israeli life. If you have evidence where they just go around bulldozing homes for fun.....then support your claim with a link. Don't expect me to do your homework for you....

And if you do provide a link, make it from a recognize news source. Not some PLO anti-jew site.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Jeez, She Is More Dumb Than I Thought

Here I will do your homework for you....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Corrie
Israelis say their armored bulldozers were clearing brush and not engaged in a demolition.

So she died to save a few bushes and piles of rubble. No house was being demolished... Can you not concede this was stupid on her part to try to save some bushes? Surely we can find common ground here?