Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: WPT Festa al Lago thread

POKERSTARS GAME #7469740355: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($5/$10) - 2006/12/16 - 15:19:51 (ET)
Table 'Peneleos' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 4: Dalmations ($597 in chips)
Seat 5: Lukieplaya ($4614 in chips)
Seat 6: gambler2k4 ($995 in chips)
Lukieplaya: posts small blind $5
gambler2k4: posts big blind $10
__2cb__: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Lukieplaya [4d As]
Dalmations: folds
Lukieplaya: raises $30 to $40
gambler2k4: raises $100 to $140
Longhorne joins the table at seat #2
Lukieplaya: raises $4474 to $4614 and is all-in
gambler2k4: calls $855 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [8h 2d 3h]
*** TURN *** [8h 2d 3h] [6d]
*** RIVER *** [8h 2d 3h 6d] [2h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Lukieplaya: shows [4d As] (a pair of Deuces)
gambler2k4: mucks hand
Lukieplaya collected $1989 from pot
Old 04-27-2007, 01:17 AM

David,

I didn't think you were out of line or rude or anything. It just seemed like whining to me. Then again, I have never played for a million dollars before. I cannot imagine the emotions I would be going through at that final table. You did indeed remain very composed.

I admire you for coming on the forum and responding thoughtfully to my post. Good luck in the future.

Wade
Old 04-27-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Nice play by all the players at the table, I was happy to see that Joe survived that A-T-T flop where he pushed all in with nothing against that Dutch guy who had raised pre flop and who then made a very tight laydown on that flop with 99, I think most players would have called that bet with those stack sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That Steve Wong guy did make a couple of good plays, but he also screwed up a lot. He thinks (or acts like he thinks) he's better than he is. First of all, he had that huge hilarious tell every time he had a big hand -- shaking his head, looking up, and sighing when he checked the nuts and his opponent bet.

But the worst was his final hand. His opponent raises preflop. Bets the flop. Checkraises the turn. Pushes the river. And he still thinks his top pair no kicker is good? Even funnier was his reaction -- he saw the hand and he goes "Sick! Oh, that is so sick!"

No, no it isn't. It was quite the opposite of sick. It was a totally standard situation. Opponent flops a set and gets value on every street because Steve couldn't get away from a pair. What's sick about it? Was there some disgusting draw out we missed? Some crazy 1-outer? Runner runner? Horrible cooler?

No. Top pair vs. bottom set. Welcome to poker, Steve.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was rofling after this hand. How does someone make the final table and call off all their chips here? Raise preflop, lead flop, min-checkraise turn, all-in river, and you think onepair-no kicker is good? Come play my .25/.50 game.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:57 AM

I liked the KJ call with the missed flush maybe 100 times better than the KQ call preflop. I think David is a lot better at assigning reasonable ranges than Joe, and anyone who didn't see immediately why he read that river bet as a very likely candidate to be a bluff isn't thinking it through enough.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

David -- you weren't whining and your behavior was just fine. It sucks to work that hard with a fairly tight table image for days and have someone call with that. I am not blaming Pelton for the call as he obviously thought he was good or as he even said, he decided to gamble. But from what I saw, everyone at that table had decent manners all night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mind you, I don't think it's anything to get too upset about, (the guy's human and playing for $1 million+ dollars for probably the first time, I don't really hold it against him) but I don't know how you can say it wasn't whining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, I won't quibble over words but to me it was more commentary than whining. I see enough whiners every day at the table so I saw that as pretty mild.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't at all bothered by what david said....honesty on tv is good

david has more credibility to criticize than mike or vince and as an aside was exceptionally nice to me during my first meltdown which didn't make tv

i stand by my call (assign david a reasonable range and do the math) but i wouldn't argue if someone wanted to fold there.

joe pelton

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe can you give us your thought process on betting the river when you had TP against the set of sixes? I thought the turn lead was fine, but once he calls there, what is the point of betting theriver? Were you thinking he could fold an ace so you could take the whole pot? It just seems like C/C is obviously best there. You either pick off a bluff or dont double him up when you are beat.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was rofling after this hand. How does someone make the final table and call off all their chips here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just play J-8 suited for all your money preflop against Nick Schulman's pocket jacks and you will have no problems.

Right Joe?
Old 04-29-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Nice play by all the players at the table, I was happy to see that Joe survived that A-T-T flop where he pushed all in with nothing against that Dutch guy who had raised pre flop and who then made a very tight laydown on that flop with 99, I think most players would have called that bet with those stack sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That Steve Wong guy did make a couple of good plays, but he also screwed up a lot. He thinks (or acts like he thinks) he's better than he is. First of all, he had that huge hilarious tell every time he had a big hand -- shaking his head, looking up, and sighing when he checked the nuts and his opponent bet.

But the worst was his final hand. His opponent raises preflop. Bets the flop. Checkraises the turn. Pushes the river. And he still thinks his top pair no kicker is good? Even funnier was his reaction -- he saw the hand and he goes "Sick! Oh, that is so sick!"

No, no it isn't. It was quite the opposite of sick. It was a totally standard situation. Opponent flops a set and gets value on every street because Steve couldn't get away from a pair. What's sick about it? Was there some disgusting draw out we missed? Some crazy 1-outer? Runner runner? Horrible cooler?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was rofling after this hand. How does someone make the final table and call off all their chips here? Raise preflop, lead flop, min-checkraise turn, all-in river, and you think onepair-no kicker is good? Come play my .25/.50 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

His opponent never has a missed draw on that board? Maybe something involving the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?
Old 05-01-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

His opponent never has a missed draw on that board? Maybe something involving the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

So push the turn if you think he's on a draw and charge him to suck out. Why call the turn checkraise and then call the river push?
Old 05-01-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]apparently that steve guy is from the town where i first lived after moving to Holland.

He was running quite good the last 3 months of 2006.

2006 Five Diamond World Poker Classic WPT
No-Limit Hold'em Event 3
12/04/2006 1 $215,255.00
2006 Bellagio Friday/Saturday No-Limit Hold'em Tournament
No-Limit Hold-em
11/17/2006 1 $34,095.00
2006 Fifth Annual Festa Al Lago Classic
WPT Championship Event 12
10/20/2006 2 $542,700.00
2006 Fifth Annual Festa Al Lago Classic
No-Limit Hold'em Event 5
10/07/2006 1 $199,105.00
2006 37th Annual World Series of Poker
No-Limit Hold'em
07/10/2006 4 $162,252.0

Someone told me his screenname was S 18, who used to be a TLB regular on stars in 2004 and 2005, but somehow vanished. And actually has one of the highest ROI i have ever seen on thepokerdb. So i don`t think he`s new to poker.....