Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Road Trip - Speak with an Industry Rep

I know you're old enough to make your own decisions, but don't you think that's kind of dangerous. I wouldn't want my sister doing that.

I guess you've already figured stuff out for yourself though.

Good luck! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2007, 03:19 PM

Meh. I don't think speaking to a rep is so vitally important that you have to go out of your way to do it.

1 - You can send any site any e-mail you like at any time. If they really want input they can just read their e-mails or sites like 2+2.

2 - The WSOP has plenty of site reps who will be happy to listen to you. Not sure if they will have as many this year. But I'm guessing they'll be around.

3 - They're around at other major tourneys too. On the Party-Poker Million cruise some rep came up to our little bar and introduced himself, bought a round of drinks, and started soliciting opinions on Party Poker and internet-poker in general.
He was extremely professional and courteous. It was also an almost entirely worthless conversation. Although this wasn't completely his fault. A couple of the 8 or more people there were more concerned with talking about bots and "how do you even know the other players are real?" and stuff about random-cards, etc.
But before the conversation took a turn for the ridiculous I just felt like he was just spouting the 'party' line (yeah, it's a pun) and wanted to talk about how excited they were to be adding re-buy tourneys in the near future.

I just don't see what is so important with meeting personally with a rep versus just sending an e-mail or communicating through this forum.

i don't think I had heard of EuroLinx before. Not sure. It's a prima-skin. That's great. They have a friendly and personable rep reaching out to the forums here which is great also.
That's really all it takes imo.

She's trying to find out from Americans how they can make their site better which is great also although I wouldn't be sure they'll come up with anything useful. Seems more likely they would come up with about a zillion conflicting ideas.

So for her and their site it's all fine I guess.
For anyone who is interested in helping just to be nice that's fine too.
But to say stuff like "you just can't pass up this once-in-a-lifetime chance to meet an online-poker site industry-rep" is pretty over-the-top imo.

I wish Lydia and their site good luck in improving everything they want to improve. Reaching out to the American market is awesome also.
Also good that they have come to 2+2 to get the word out about their site a little bit more (although that rakeback conversation is a bit confusing).
Old 04-22-2007, 07:00 PM

I just pm'ed lydia to ask about that of which we may not speak.

also, i'd like to hear from those who play there.

1. How are cashouts by check? Possible, takign long?
2. How are games? For awhile when i'd play there, it would often at a table be me, two guys from stockholm and the other three from a city ending in 'ping.'
3. How do you guys get money on eurolinx? Just send lydia check and she takes it back and deposits it/epassorte/???
Old 04-22-2007, 07:51 PM

spatne and MicroBob, thanks for the comments. Phenomenon, no worries, and I'm glad you're not my brother. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

spatne: Sure, if you'll join me out at AC for an evening.

MicroBob: I think you might be surprised at the value of the input I've received from 2+2ers so far. I've already passed some of the ideas on to the Prima developers, and I'll likely send more along. Also, everyone who works at Eurolinx plays poker regularly and has for years, so we know enough to be able to sift through the comments we get. It's always good to hear new ideas, though, which is one of the reasons that I'm here.

It's always best to be able to talk with someone face-to-face, especially when there's an exchange of ideas going on. A lot of times, when you're working with someone remotely, it's easy to forget that it's a real person on the line. I think that's one of the reasons that awful customer service abounds in this industry, and why a lot of the more logical player complaints and ideas are ignored.

Meeting up with 2+2ers is nice, but it's not the main point behind the trip. I've already met with a bunch of people who think that online poker is illegal, that it takes a huge effort to get money online, and that the only sites out there are Stars and FTP, which are shark infested. Those are the players who, I think, we would all like to see getting back online. If I can meet with some 2+2ers, who I think generally know better than the average player what they want from a site, to get ideas about how Eurolinx can improve, then that's good too.

/Lydia
Old 04-22-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that's one of the reasons that awful customer service abounds in this industry, and why a lot of the more logical player complaints and ideas are ignored.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point.
You seem to be pretty sharp in your approach to this stuff.
Hope things work out well on your trip. You might eventually win me over to your site for all I know.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:45 PM

MB:

I mainly made my post in response to someone who speculated that Lydia is some affiliate running a scam. I happen to know otherwise, and said so, after which I threw in an extra couple of cents.

That said, I'm an honest to goodness fan of your first 24326 posts, but I think you've got me all wrong in this last one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Where did I say that this is a "once in a lifetime" opportunity? I said that it's a good one. If any rep from any site is volunteering to come to a place where you're *already* going to be, how far out of your way do you really have to go to take advantage?

Here we have a site that wants to establish a better relationship with the American player base at a time when we have relatively few options. They're trying something a little different in terms of marketing. It may work; it may not. Regardless, isn't that what we want these guys to be doing? Even if this "road trip" gets just enough feedback to convince Eurolinx (and possibly other sites) to market creatively (i.e. not card mags or NBC at 3AM) and upgrade their customer relations, then I choose to be enthusiastic and participate.

Enthusiasm is out of character for me, however, so if I do it poorly, I apologize. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I won't be going to Alaska or Hawaii, if that's what you're asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, your SITE is open to all states? I just thought I remember a few prima sites that stayed open to the US but excluded a number (I think 7 or 9) of states because of those particular state's laws.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:15 PM

gila, you've been PM'd.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:24 PM

I work in NYC and will be more than happy to meet for a drink and discuss the state of poker and what I am looking for in a site.

My home game has fallen apart, otherwise I'd definitely invite you to play.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone who passes up an opportunity to speak directly to a rep is making a mistake, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was responding to this part and exaggerating for effect I guess.
I just don't think it's such a big deal that it's somehow a mistake to pass up such an opportunity.

Saying that Lydia is a nice person and really is who she claims to be is fine.
Saying that it's pretty cool that they are soliciting opinions from American players and 2+2'ers is correct as well.
Saying that passing up this opportunity is somehow a mistake just caught my attention though because I don't think it really is. But it's no biggie.