Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: more bbv retardedness

sam,

Why don't you start a thread here with your suggestions for change in OOT?
Old 04-20-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This whole forum war stuff has got to stop. In its current form, it lacks both humor and entertainment. MSPaint threads making fun of OOT in BBV or BBV in OOT are the only things I can think of that might result in an enjoyable read.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want a *funny*, tongue in cheek forum war between BBV and any other forum (preferably a strat forum), I can make it happen, but I need the other forum's mod's cooperation for a few hours.

In its current form, of course it's going to suck and of course we're going to get venting in whichever place is modded the least strictly. That's what happens when a big site gets 3-4 offtopic forums with separate communities going at once. We can keep it to a minimum, but it'd be easier to stop if OOT either tightened up standards or took itself a little less seriously.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:44 PM

A forum war (consolidated to one thread of dueling ms paint) would be funny if the best BBV4L posters were in it, however, the peopel going F OOT are the horribly unfunny ones, or the ones trying to fit into BBV by saying it.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:50 AM

NT, care to weigh in on this samjjones issue?
Old 04-21-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok cool, so you officially resign? seeya

[/ QUOTE ]

I will if everybody wants me to. I'd rather be let in on whatever plan you have for improving the reading experience in the forum so I can help implement it, though. Whichever is best.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd be fine with you resigning if your idea of improving the forum is starting pointless crap in BBV and merging the two forums... this isn't the first time i've been less than thrilled with one of your 'ideas'
Old 04-21-2007, 10:47 PM

oh, and re: BBV hate for OOT, it's fine, as noted most of the people doing it were either kicked out of OOT or trying to fit in. most of the really good BBV posters don't seem to care that much, or don't bother getting uppity about it if they do.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:59 PM

there you have it i guess sam? unless you want to clarify your position
Old 04-21-2007, 11:39 PM

regarding the overall quality of OOT, i think another big contributor to the generally down feeling is that the BBV forums are kinda fresh and new still, even though they are starting to go through the self-parody stage a bit as well. but a lot of people are having fun with it, which is good. a lot of readers of those forums have gotten kicked out for stupid [censored] too, but it isn't the good posters. i don't know if the good BBV posters think they would get *d if they posted in OOT, but i doubt they would, and i would be happy to have someone like keikiwai post more in OOT. posters like nath and gw are examples of someone who 'gets it' in both forums.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:52 PM

daryn/all - I have no "position" to clarify. My only point all along was asking if we should bother to self-examine current OOT moderator practices given the non-stop "F OOT" threads in BBV as well as NT! getting attacked in ATF. It appeared to me that this might be worthwhile to do, since there is a lot of evidence pointing to a large level of reader dissatisfaction with OOT modding, but it looks like you all believe otherwise.

This, combined with the fact that daryn definitely wants me gone and NT! very likely as well, it doesn't make sense for me to continue to volunteer.

I'd ask for a week to put together a proper farewell to OOT thread, and then I'll leave 2+2. Is this acceptable?
Old 04-22-2007, 12:25 AM

i don't see why you want to leave 2p2 but nobody is going to force you to stop modding or stop posting, it's entirely up to you and the reds AFAIC.