Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Kyl and Gonzales discuss UIGEA at hearing

[ QUOTE ]
I found it hilarious that Kyl placed such emphasis on how easy gambling sites make it to anonymously move money.

[/ QUOTE ]

He must have had a past life episode where he insta-dumped his bankroll to someone on Stars he didn't know. That's the only anonymous movement of money online.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found it hilarious that Kyl placed such emphasis on how easy gambling sites make it to anonymously move money.

How many of us have had to jump through hoops of providing identification documents in order to do cashouts?

Not exactly anonymous. More proof that Kyl has no idea what he's talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of people who have not had to provide any identifying information, ever!
Old 04-22-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C-SPAN clip. You may have to associate real player for rtsp. Link to google rec.gambling.poker razzo post. LINK
40:33 into the stream

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to play this thing, and I get the error message "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (rstp) isn't associated with any program." WTF? I tried it through RealPlayer and through IE as well, and also got error messages.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How many of us have had to jump through hoops of providing identification documents in order to do cashouts?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of people who have not had to provide any identifying information, ever!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sniper, I know that you enjoy playing devil's advocate. Do you really buy arguments that money laundering/transfers/whatever using Poker sites as intermediaries is a significant issue? Has it happended/does it happen? I'm sure, but how big a slice of the pie is it? .1%? .001%? Kyl's argument is ridiculous when you look at the big picture.

Why isn't he leading the push to ban paper currency and track every financial transaction? Just swiping the 'bar code' tattooed on the back of my hand would be really convenient. Oh wait, that would play right into The Beast's hands!
Old 04-22-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
C-SPAN clip. You may have to associate real player for rtsp. Link to google rec.gambling.poker razzo post. LINK
40:33 into the stream

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to play this thing, and I get the error message "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (rstp) isn't associated with any program." WTF? I tried it through RealPlayer and through IE as well, and also got error messages.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldnt get the video to load and did a little searching...it works for me now after following the instructions here...
See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Register_p...#Linux_and_Mac Instructions for windows machines are there as well.

Note: If you have no clue on how to create a .reg file( its not as hard as you think, do a google search for How do i create a .reg file)
I created one in regedit, exported it to the desktop, renamed it rtsp, added the info below and double clicked it to install. Worked like a charm.

Windows
On Windows, registration is done by the OS. To change the OS's settings, create a .reg file, and place this in the file:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\foo]
@="URL:foo Protocol"
"URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\foo\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\foo\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\foo\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Application\\program.exe\" \"%1\""

Replacing foo with the protocol you're specifying and C:\\Program Files\\Application\\program.exe with the program you want to run. Note that backslashes must be doubled and the additional slashes and quotes before the path must not be removed. Save the file, then double-click it to insert into the Windows registry.

The registry entry with the specific path for my machine was as follows...

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\rtsp]
@="URL:rtsp Protocol"
"URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\rtsp\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\rtsp\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\rtsp\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Real\\RealPlayer\\realplay.exe\" \"%1\""
Old 04-22-2007, 10:52 PM

Thanks Ubin.

Actually I posted this here in the Computer Technical Help form and someone pointed me to a freebie media player that opened the file without issue.

Thanks again.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sniper, I know that you enjoy playing devil's advocate. Do you really buy arguments that money laundering/transfers/whatever using Poker sites as intermediaries is a significant issue? Has it happended/does it happen? I'm sure, but how big a slice of the pie is it? .1%? .001%? Kyl's argument is ridiculous when you look at the big picture.

Why isn't he leading the push to ban paper currency and track every financial transaction? Just swiping the 'bar code' tattooed on the back of my hand would be really convenient. Oh wait, that would play right into The Beast's hands!

[/ QUOTE ]

Leap,

Didn't you get the memo, I am the devil... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

It doesn't really matter what I believe re: money laudering. He was wrong in his statement regarding identification... and it is an area of concern with regard to terrorist funding.

That doesn't mean the UIGEA closed that hole in security, it hasn't...