Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: CS rant

[ QUOTE ]
RDH - I've had DirecTV and really like it a lot. There is one downside if you're a TiVo/DVR lover. If you want locals in HD with DVR you have to have the newest receiver which doesn't allow some of the things that you've fallen in love with before. The newest receiver is DVR not TiVo. So if you're watching a show you can't pause it and watch something else. You can record one show and watch another but you can't pause one and watch the other. Oh ya another thing is if you're recording 2 shows at once you can't switch back and forth. Whichever one you're watching is the only thing you can watch.

This is unless ou have an OTA HD antenna. Then you could watch those locals while you record etc on your DVR.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's a motorolla box then you should be able to use the Swap Tuner button to switch between the tuners and achieve the desired result.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:01 PM

Comcast sucks so so hard. I had them for two years and EVERY SINGLE TIME I needed to contact them for something, it was a horrible ordeal.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dell has the worst customer service ever
them: hi
me: hi
(5 minutes)
them: and the problem is?
me: my sound isn't working
(5 minutes)
them: have you plugged it in?
me: yes of course, it's plugged in and I'm getting no sound.
(7 minutes)
them: have you turned the speakers on

[/ QUOTE ]

I would bet that about 90% of the people who call them, these two questions fix the problem. Don't blame the customer support when most of the people who call them are idiots.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
RDH - I've had DirecTV and really like it a lot. There is one downside if you're a TiVo/DVR lover. If you want locals in HD with DVR you have to have the newest receiver which doesn't allow some of the things that you've fallen in love with before. The newest receiver is DVR not TiVo. So if you're watching a show you can't pause it and watch something else. You can record one show and watch another but you can't pause one and watch the other. Oh ya another thing is if you're recording 2 shows at once you can't switch back and forth. Whichever one you're watching is the only thing you can watch.

This is unless ou have an OTA HD antenna. Then you could watch those locals while you record etc on your DVR.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's a motorolla box then you should be able to use the Swap Tuner button to switch between the tuners and achieve the desired result.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first HD-DVR was actually TiVo and that worked but the new one (unless you're talking about modding it) doesn't work that way.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:50 PM

My company gets calls for ATTwifi. This is basically public wireless in mcdonalds, barnes & nobles and about 20 airports.

Since ATT is in our name, we get wrong calls all the time. We are actually a different company with our own wireless locations, but when we get an ATT call we answer it "ATTwifi".

We get incorrect calls all the time. People calling about a bill, people calling about wireless in their house, people calling about something with Cingular. We usually tell them they got the wrong dept. Thats where the fun insues

Us: "We support wireless only in these public stores."
them: "Yeah I signed up in the store, now it doesn't work in my house."
Us: "Thats right, wireless has a range of 250 feet and will only work at that store"
them: "The brochure said $1.99 and I can access wireless anywhere."
Us: "No your laptop wireless card has only the 250 feet range. The only thing that provides internet everywhere is a broadband card through a cellphone provider."

or another typical one

them: "I have wireless in my house, I can't access it"
<something about router, WEP key, something random>
Us: "Sorry, we are not the dept that supports that. We only do wireless in public areas called hotspots. You need to talk to support over in DSL"
them: "They transferred me to you."
Us: "Ok, but we still can't assist you because we don't support that. The home service is totally seperate."

Lastly
them: "Cingular said the wifi service for my laptop is included with the cellphone."
Us: "That is untrue, only people with DSL get accounts through us."
them: "The guy in the store said, all ATTwifi spots will work for my laptop."
Us: "Well ok, they gave you incorrect info. Our service is not tied with Cingular. If you did have service, you would have a login."
them: "So uhhhh, look up my login on the system."
Us: "We dont have it, because you don't have an account with us."
them: "Yes I do, they told me I have it."
Us: "Were you given a user name?"
them: "no"
Us: "Were you given a password?"
them: "No"
Us: "Then you were misinformed. The only account through us go through the DSL side, and we have no correlation with Cingular."

Never a dull moment