FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: 200NL live. Making a 3 way deal due to largeness of pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What exactly are you asking here?

[/ QUOTE ]

umm..."How much of your bankroll would this have to represent for you to take this deal?" That is exactly what I'm asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very different then what you put down in your first post. Being clear in that you are asking something different now, I wouldn't be in a situation where this is going to come up. Though to give up a straight 77% bet I'd prolly have to have more then 50% of my bankroll in there before I'd start to chicken out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I DID NOT GIVE UP 77%...I gave up ~5%~. I took 72% of the pot instead of 77%. Phil Hellmuth has done much worse than this. (ie, 80% of pot on a 91%EV hand)

50%??? This is terrible. You need to open a math book.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:17 PM

If you want to reduce variance, why not just run the cards multiple times? That way you don't have to sacrifice tons of EV while still having a low variance result. This was an enourmous edge that you passed up, period.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:21 PM

Ok if you want this to be a serious discussion, it shouldn't be an issue.

The deal is clearly -EV. If for some reason the money means so much you take the deal thats cool and all, but you shouldn't be playing in these games. If you decided to take a shot or are barely BRd for the games and didnt expect to get into such a big pot, whatever thats your choice.

However one downside to this (forgetting it being -ev) is that it will show the better players you aren't totally comfortable with the money involved and they will try to run over you/make big moves on you.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:29 PM

Someone actually answer this question please:

you have a $4,000 bankroll (rolled for 1/2NL). This pot comes up and you have 77% equity in the pot ($1,351). Do you make a deal for 77%, 76%, 75%, etc. What is the lowest percent you would take here?

Just answer the question, please, with explanation if you want to.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:37 PM

i could only see me making a deal if they both would go home after loosing or winning. so around 75% (only if the QQ reloads!)
but seriously the KK guy got 40% of his stack back and the QQ donk 33%?? wtf!
if you really have a 4k roll, this shouldnt be a question. run it twice if they want to.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:38 PM

if I was rolled, I'd never sacrafice EV
if I wasn't rolled, I'd never play in the game to begin with. The reason is b/c I have a low risk tolerance. If you have a higher risk tolerance, you can play in the game if you want.

But you shouldn't get in a situation where you are sacrificing EV IMO.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone actually answer this question please:

you have a $4,000 bankroll (rolled for 1/2NL). This pot comes up and you have 77% equity in the pot ($1,351). Do you make a deal for 77%, 76%, 75%, etc. What is the lowest percent you would take here?

Just answer the question, please, with explanation if you want to.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't take a deal at all. I would've had no idea what my exact equity would've been at the time, so I would've stayed away from deals because I know that most of the time they are NOT going to be in my favor. At the poker table, you're almost always going to want to be the one making deals, not taking them. If I actually did know my exact equity, I would've made a deal that's in my favor. Fish usually aren't going to see the difference between 5% in their favor and 5% not in their favor, unless it's pointed out to them. It's better to be the hustler, not the hustled.

I'd offer to run it twice/three times/more times ALL DAY.

FWIW I wouldn't be playing $1/$2 NL on a $4k bankroll. 20 buy-ins is usually considered the MINIMUM proper bankroll by 2+2 standards. Right now I'm still playing $.50/$1 NL on a bankroll over $8k (actually that's not because I don't feel properly rolled for $1/$2 NL, it's because I feel that I can't beat those games on FTP)
Old 04-14-2007, 02:59 PM

lol alldayaments
Old 04-14-2007, 03:10 PM

If I had only 4000$ I would not be playing NL200. If you are in this situation and worried about the variance get it all-in pre-flop. To actually answer your question, I don't think I take a deal for less than 75% if I am underrolled. Otherwise I'd rather go for it and move down if necessary.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, stop saying "all day" lol. OK so, 1351-240-139=$972 pot after they take $ bak. You're saying u sacrficied ~1/4 the pot when u were a 5:1 fav to win (you had to dodge 4 outs twice). BTW, you had to dodge 4 outs AT BEST. You probably rele have to dodge only 2 outs twice, so that makes you a 10:1 fav on flop and 20:1 fav on turn. This is SICK -EV. If you're playing in a live game and this deep, you should play lower. You should be prepared to lose a huge pot with aces in order to get the max EV. Who knows, all the queens and k's could be out and u jus have to miss the backdoor straight? You're too nervous about the money IMO. I mean I'm sure you're nervous about this big pot, but seriously, stick that [censored] in "all day!" lol Results? *Jus to answer your question btw, you said this play is -EV, so this is not good in the long run lmao, as you asked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nomination for worst post ever!!!

"Who knows, all the queens and k's could be out and u jus have to miss the backdoor straight?" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Eureka!! you are totally right, great insight. Let me bankroll you