Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Procrastination stories

Thremp,

you started it! let's just hug it out and be friends

edit: but seriously, I don't go into lifting threads and be like "omg you can lift x you think you're cool?" doing that in this thread was really retarded
Old 04-13-2007, 10:18 PM

I had a paper due on Wednesday. I tried to start it Tuesday afternoon, but couldn't make myself work. I went with some friends to library at night for a couple of hours and did absolutely nothing. I got back home and browsed 2p2 and facebook, took a nap from 3-6 am and finally started it at 6:30 and cranked it by noon. Not an great story but thats just usually how it happens. I also will only cram for exams.

One time I had an internet class that just had everything due by the last day of class.....The last couple days were brutal.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:52 AM

BPS,

We can always hug it out bitch.

What you said was kinda queer. Go back and read it out loud to one of your random friends using a preface... "Here what this dude said..." It sounds horrid.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm procrastinating right now. I'm also world-class at never studying for exams, and then going out drinking the night before and staying up drinking and smoking all night, getting 3 hours of sleep, and waking up still drunk and high and getting B's.

[/ QUOTE ]
our natural intelligence only helps our procrastination. If I wasn't smart and failed my classes due to my procrastination I probably wouldn't be doing it. But since being naturally smart means not having to study for hours like everyone else, it just makes me want to procrastinate more. I do feel like I am wasting my talents and always wonder where I would be if I worked just as hard as everyone else. I would probably have a 4.0 GPA, be in a top school and my future would be much brighter. Oh well [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hes a liberal arts major
Old 04-14-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BPS,

We can always hug it out bitch.

What you said was kinda queer. Go back and read it out loud to one of your random friends using a preface... "Here what this dude said..." It sounds horrid.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's cool all my friends know I'm kinda queer.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:48 AM

I am currently 1000 words through a 3000 word assignment, it's 5.30am in UK and it's in for 1pm. I went to the library the night before and thought, well lets crack on and get 1/2 done here and the other 1/2 tonight. I read 2p2 and watched a sngicons vid last night in the library and after 3 hrs all I had was a title... So rather than getting up and starting early I got out of bed at 3pm (missing my 1pm lecture obv) and got to the library at 5pm. An hr of 2p2/facebook/otherrandomstuff I decide to knuckle down and get a monsterous 650 words done in like 5hrs. I did so little because ive had to do all the reading that was set for the last 3 months because I had done none of it up until now and here I am at half 5 sat in bed with a bottle of red rooster (cheap redbull) with another 2000 words to do and not a clue what to write. I also managed to squeeze in a $27 45 man which I got horribly screwed in and finished 3rd when I shudve won it and a couple of $33 hu sngs which I won one lost one. GL me.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:14 AM

This is the hardest essay ive ever had to do in my life and leaving it this late was a huge mistake, emailing tutor now with made up story so I will get mark penalty for it being late but hopefully he will go easy on the marking.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the hardest essay ive ever had to do in my life and leaving it this late was a huge mistake, emailing tutor now with made up story so I will get mark penalty for it being late but hopefully he will go easy on the marking.

[/ QUOTE ]

That kind of goes against the whole spirit of the thread. We want to hear stories of triumph; not of defeat. (FWIW you are probably doing the right thing though).
Old 04-17-2007, 02:36 AM

I do this with all my essays and have always got pretty good grades with minimal effort. At the time of my first post I was very confident because of my prior experience of late essay writing but I have finally met my match. If it was 2k words I could proabably do it but I think with it being 3k it's best to take another day. Here is my email, if anyone has done these before and is good at getting sympathy off tutors, feel free to comment.

Dr Taylor,

Unfortuantely I will be handing my 2nd year Social Comms essay in a day over your 17th April deadline, due to a major error on my part which involved me removing my data stick half way through saving my essay, thus corrupting the data. Fortunately I did have just over half the essay saved on my computer so will have to type the other half up today, meaning I should be able to get the essay to you some time on wednesday afternoon, barring another monumental c**** up.
A few questions:
1. Should I just post the essay through your box in the photo copy room, and before what time?
2. What is the % I get deducted for my essay being late?

Yours sincerely,
Rob W

Pretty lame I know....
Old 04-17-2007, 02:46 AM

also redbull > red rooster.