FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: decisions decsions
call 7 25.00%
fold 21 75.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Kevin Durant

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't Lebron sign his max deal right when he was drafted? I thought I heard that but I might be wrong on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Rookies are paid a fixed amount based solely on the position they were picked. He signed a three year extension before this season.

You might be thinking of the huge ($95M) shoe deal he signed as a rookie. Durant wouldn't get anywhere near $95M for his shoe deal.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:44 PM

hmmm.. KC I hadn't thought about that, good point. However if you switch out Durant with Marion, your team is still downgraded for at least one season. It would actually be a tough spot for the Suns front office to be in. Makes you wonder if they would just be content with whatever pick they get and not try to trade up.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:47 PM

I don't know but I think it maybe too early to be trading a periennel All-Star + a pick who could be a potential all-star for somebody who will be an all-star and could be a super-star.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They'd certainly be awesome in a few years if they made the move, but when you have a group of guys that are contending year in year out RIGHT NOW, you better have a damn good reason of breaking that up

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking. There's very little chance that Durant performs at Marion-like levels in his first season or two, so you're left with a championship contender that has taken a step back, with their star point guard aging along the way.

What could be interesting is if Phoenix breaks through and wins the title this year. It probably means they'd keep the band together, but I can see a scenario in which they say decide to build a team to win several championships down the road, rather than be satisfied with just one or two in the short term.

-McGee
Old 04-13-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Durant was never gonna win a nat'l title anyway, it's time for him to leave. Say hello to Phoenix .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

That first round pick is top 3 protected, but knowing the Hawks luck they'll get 4th in the lottery

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to derail this thread because it sucks. Say your phoenix with the 4th or 5th pick what would you be willing to give up in order to move up to Durant? Matrix + 1st this year + 1st next?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Suns also have two other first round picks this year. I was thinking the this year's three first rounders and Marion.

Durant to Marion might be a downgrade in the near term, but think about having Durant and Stoudamire for the next 8-10 years. There is also the possibility that Durant breaks out in year two and becomes one of the best players in the NBA. It's worth it for the Suns, the question is would the Celtics do it?
Old 04-13-2007, 01:24 PM

I highly doubt Durant is more valuable than Marion over the next 3 years. Marion is an awesome rebounder & incredible defender.

Also for this to be realistic, some team would have to be willing to trade w/ Phoenix. Which lotto team is going to pass on Durant?
Old 04-13-2007, 01:39 PM

The problem with Marion is he's a third option right now. He thrives in that roll, even if in private he sorta bitches about respect. He's not really a guy you build offensive sets for.

I think he's good, not great. He'd definitely help the Celtics, where he could fit in that third option roll behind Pierce and Al. I don't think I'd pass on Durant for him, but let's be honest here. Marion + the pick + some combo of either another player like Jumaine Jones and other picks is enticing. The 4th pick could land you Brewer or Hortford. Teams like the Celtics, Memphis, and Bucks would have to at least think about it. Charlotte would have to pass on it, I think.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:08 PM

The Celtics could make that trade and then take Wright or Horford with the Suns' first pick and Conley with the later one.

PG Conley
SG Pierce
SF Marion
PF Horford/Wright
C Jefferson

Not bad at all considering they're currently a bottom feed feed.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:12 PM

Question: Any chance the T Wolves would trade Garnett to get a top 2 pick? If so and if I'm the Suns..I'd make that first trade and then trade it for Garnett.

Nash
Bell
Diaw
Garnett
Stoudamire

No matter what happens...the SUns are in phenomenal shape thanks to that Joe Johnson trade
Old 04-15-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question: Any chance the T Wolves would trade Garnett to get a top 2 pick? If so and if I'm the Suns..I'd make that first trade and then trade it for Garnett.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no chance the Suns get the #2.