Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Re: levels

[ QUOTE ]
The only reason I can see to bet the flop is if you have a history of annoyingly donking into villain with a wide range of hands. Otherwise CR and collect all sorts of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right and I'm guessing that Bob wouldn't but I sure would and Mike L would, these are the exact hands us donkers dream for, working so hard to donk enough to set these up and make a mint.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only reason I can see to bet the flop is if you have a history of annoyingly donking into villain with a wide range of hands. Otherwise CR and collect all sorts of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right and I'm guessing that Bob wouldn't but I sure would and Mike L would, these are the exact hands us donkers dream for, working so hard to donk enough to set these up and make a mint.

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is though, against really good players they are far less willing to raise your flop donks with worse hands than it would seem they should *especiallly* given the 3rd player in the pot who will never fold anything no matter what anyways.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:25 PM

I don't like a flop c/r here, because I would think that villian would know that you have a strong hand, and would be an easy dump. Would the villian bet with the ace showing, no matter what kind of hand he had? He would probably more likely to raise with AK or something like that if you be into him. It appears that the BB is going along for the ride no matter what.

Bet the river.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like a flop c/r here, because I would think that villian would know that you have a strong hand, and would be an easy dump. Would the villian bet with the ace showing, no matter what kind of hand he had? He would probably more likely to raise with AK or something like that if you be into him. It appears that the BB is going along for the ride no matter what.

Bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would villain fold AK at any point until the river?
Old 04-05-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain's range is limited to three types of hands:

- Hands that are below the board and aren't putting any money in the pot anyway.

- Hands that we beat that have a decent number of outs to beat us. We want these types of hands to fold, we don't want action. JJ, KK, and AK are all hands that fit this description.

- Hands that crush us.

The point is that showing strength here on our part is a good thing. We want villain to think we have a very strong hand and fold his JJ incorrectly on the turn.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for some sanity Justin. Pokerbob isn't donking this flop with many hands worse than AQ I'd bet, so this makes his hand look super strong. You can't just donk/3 bet whenever you flop a monster without donking weak hands, bluffs, and semibluffs sometimes too.

-DeathDonkey
Old 04-06-2007, 01:28 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

Whatever you do on flops where you aren't folding, do that. For me it's checkraise.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for some sanity Justin. Pokerbob isn't donking this flop with many hands worse than AQ I'd bet, so this makes his hand look super strong. You can't just donk/3 bet whenever you flop a monster without donking weak hands, bluffs, and semibluffs sometimes too.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah people are so quick to point out, like oh wow u can so easily bet-3bet here, as if an *excellent* player is just going to automatically allow you to pwn him whenever u feel like it without any context at all.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:01 AM

you lost a lot of money in the hand trying to play good. ease off the playing good stick a little bit.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:43 AM

against a real good player, betting the flop here is so old. Its such a sign of strength that a REAL good player against another good player will often just call with AK here with that board texture. As well as AJ.

I think check calling the flop here and betting the turn has the most merit. This will confuse expert into raising worse hands.