Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2007, 03:56 PM

Default IT\'S AWAY (Final T-shirt stuff + update on extras)

Rest of the main orders are out. I timed myself at the counter, took around 45-50 minutes to get this batch done. Held up the PO line again.

Here's the receipts for you nits.

And here's my cat, who instantly laid down on the receipts when I laid them out.

So, all that's left for the main order is the donation. I'm going to hold off for a week to ten days to make sure we have no problems with wrong sizes, etc. I don't want to have to pay for refunds out of pocket. I'm sure that's understandable.

I'm going to Chicago Friday-Sunday for a fantasy baseball draft/UFC fight. When I get back, I'll start selling the extras. I've been thinking about selling those for profit and asking people to donate $5-10 to C, inc on their own. I'm willing to listen to counter arguments why I shouldn't sell them, and I'm definitely 50/50 on it now.

The way I look at it, is that 1) I just did a buttload of work, including dealing with a lot of retarded questions 2) if you don't think I should sell them for profit, you don't have to buy 3) I bought the extras at my own risk, I had no idea if they would sell (after the first couple days of orders, things really died down). Again, this isn't a for sure thing, but it's something I've been considering.

There will still be a tournament for at least 2 of the shirts.

I'd like to thank BBV for making this as smooth as possible (even with all the [censored] asking the same 10 questions over and over). I'd like to thank my girlfriend, Cathy, for helping me stuff envelopes. Thanks to the two guys at the post office who had to deal with our [censored] the past two days. And obviously thanks to Barry Greenstein for providing us with childish entertainment, allowing us to use his image, and for being a good guy in a business where that can be hard to find.

Um...I think that's it for now. It just started storming here real bad and my cat is hilariously afraid of storms.