Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Results

Folding is probably best, but shoving is ok too here. Gamble!
Old 03-31-2007, 06:53 PM

did i play the hand fine? does anyone like a b/3b more, given relative position?
Old 03-31-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did i play the hand fine? does anyone like a b/3b more, given relative position?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you played it fine. Your c/r seems a little big maybe but otherwise it seems standard
Old 03-31-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I push here.

I don't really doubt that Orange often has a strong hand. But we have 11 outs vs. a set! He does not need to have something like A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]X or T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] very often for shoving to be profitable here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Would Orange play TT like that here? I'm not sure pushing is really profitable. It seems more like a breakeven play to me.

[ QUOTE ]
I so rarely have a better hand than KcKd here, so this suggests to me that we should all perhaps be bluff-CRing here a bit more in orange's spot.

[/ QUOTE ]
What range of hands would you suggest? Keeping in mind, it needs to include something he plays this way, calling preflop & checking.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:38 PM

orange,
You played it well IMO. I think I like b/3b slightly better for two reasons: obv better chance to trap a little bit of donkey's money in the middle, and also going for the c/r is a bit risky as this is not the kind of flop where I am cbetting a ton 3-way against a good player and a loose donkey. but c/r is fine too and probably gets you AI a bit more often.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I so rarely have a better hand than KcKd here, so this suggests to me that we should all perhaps be bluff-CRing here a bit more in orange's spot.

[/ QUOTE ]
What range of hands would you suggest? Keeping in mind, it needs to include something he plays this way, calling preflop & checking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not entirely sure. But I think that he can probably do this with some mid-PPs, both w and w/o diamond, and some big cards, also both w and w/o diamond. The point is that he can afford to pure bluff a bit more with hands that don't have much equity vs my calling/pushing range, because pushing even with a hand as strong as KcKd will still not be particularly profitable for me (obv he will fold to my push with the "air" part of his range). And this will allow him to pick up tons more pots when (usually) I don't have a hand as strong as this, and have to fold.

Not that I would recommend this given the extreme donkey in the middle, but really speaking more to HU pots with flops like this.