Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: persistence in pickups

btw the set was at a coffeshop across the street from the bar we met at, maybe a 15 minute *walk* from her house
Old 03-31-2007, 01:00 PM

In terms of this particular girl, it seems like a pretty clear case of "talk to me when you're ready to not waste my time". Also, the idea of "Maybe I'll give you one chance to make it up to me" works very well imo
Old 03-31-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Being from Europe, I've noticed a trend in North America that disgusts me just a little bit. The typical woman in N.A. wears way less makeup (if any) than in europe, even on weekends when people try to 'look their best'. Put on some effin makeup!!!!!!!

Anybody have any theories to explain this?
Old 03-31-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Being from Europe, I've noticed a trend in North America that disgusts me just a little bit. The typical woman in N.A. wears way less makeup (if any) than in europe, even on weekends when people try to 'look their best'. Put on some effin makeup!!!!!!!

Anybody have any theories to explain this?

[/ QUOTE ]

That your standards are messed up? I wouldn't want to see makeup on this girl, i think most would agree with me.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:04 PM

She shouldn't have shown up 45 minutes late with out an excuse before hand. At least a call in advance or something.

I also think it's kinda sketchy to show up with 3 girls. If she kissed you at the bar, and showed genuine interest, chances are she's comfortable. Thus, shouldn't feel the need to bring an entourage. Unless she invited them because they wanted to go, with intentions of leaving you two alone. Again, there's nothing wrong with a group though.

I guess what I would do is call her out on it or something. Don't get worked up about this girl. You'll figure it out.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In terms of this particular girl, it seems like a pretty clear case of "talk to me when you're ready to not waste my time". Also, the idea of "Maybe I'll give you one chance to make it up to me" works very well imo

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree but i dont know how to pull it off without being a complete douche [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2007, 01:11 PM

Don't worry about being a douche. It's more important not to be weak in this situation.

That very night you should have been clear that she disrespected you and needed to make it up. You didn't really post what happened during the rest of the night, so I dunno how you reacted. If you went along like everything was jolly, she already sees you as someone she can walk all over, and you need to make it clear that it just won't fly. You have too much going on to spend your time with someone like that
Old 03-31-2007, 01:14 PM

traz, what would you say, exactly? i think theres a very fine line between standing up for myself, and ejecting her.

fluffpop, your opinion on this? or do you still think she wasn't out of line?
Old 03-31-2007, 01:15 PM

Depends, are we talking the moment I see her roll up 45 mins late with a crew of girls, or are we talking now where it's at least one day after the date?
Old 03-31-2007, 01:17 PM

i was talking the latter (date was wednesday). but how about both, for learning experience?