Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: 10-20 Bellagio AA Hand

[ QUOTE ]
is there a way to filter who gets to post in HSNL or am i just being an elitist?

[/ QUOTE ]

!
Old 04-01-2007, 04:33 AM

This is so stupid. 90% of people who post don't know anything about poker. First response I read is "raise to 120 is scared." One of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

BTW, this is a pretty clear fold. Calling, then folding to and UTG+1 turn bet is terrible, because it's very likely he will bet the turn. Raising is bad also because then everyone can put you on a very small range.

And fold is best because you're beat here anyway, def by MP, and probably by UTG+1 too.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:46 AM

Is O'neil the old [censored] that has white hair, never smiles or talks and constantly rests his head on his hand while playing? If so, I have played with him several times at Wynn and Bellagio. He sucks. I once stacked him for 2.5k when I got runner-runner flush to b eat his flopped set and an all in call. Bad call on my part, as all I had was the naked nut flush draw, but seeing him shake his head and walk away mumbling was friggin' priceless
Old 04-01-2007, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He sucks. I once stacked him for 2.5k when I got runner-runner flush to b eat his flopped set

[/ QUOTE ]
sounds more like you suck.

i'm not gonna pass judgment on how good or bad a player o'neil is, but one thing's for sure: he's fearless. and that probably has something to do with the fact that he's won and lost millions and millions of dollars at the poker table in his lifetime. you took him for 2.5k? whoa, big money, good for you.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:22 AM

believe me bdub1 he doesnt care about ur 2.5k pot.. and if he sucks he tricked u good..

he makes stupid overbets and everything but he can be hella dangerous.. i saw him crush people in 40k+ pots cause he played his hand so hard.. its kinda hard to put him on a hand.. and his level of play varies a lot from day to day .. but he is not completely retarded like u make him come off
Old 04-01-2007, 01:03 PM

I already said it was a bad call, Mikech, so thanks for the redundant useless response. I mentioned only in passing, that I have played with him enough times, I do not feel his caliber of play is anywhere close to the idolatry you seem to have. I do think you can put him on hands, more often than not. Sure he mixes up his game, but he doesn't really get fancy and will try to exploit perceived weakness. That doesn't make him a friggin' God. I have also never seem him with more than 3-5K in front of him, which does not mean he hasn't played big pots, just that I have not seen any of these 40K+ pots.

Mine is a small sampling, and if any of you O'Neil worshippers have taken offense, I apologize. My opionion..he's just not that great. Period.