Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Re: The \"New\" ATF strategy?

[ QUOTE ]
cyrus/ mickey is banned. nothing will change that.

we have 2 choices. move past it or close the forum.

i vote close.

again. 2 choices.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat,

Just for the purpose of clarification between the two of us....

I accept (and have also previously acknowledged) that Mickey is banned. In that acceptance is the fact that I disagree with the decision.

Surely you cannot be implying that I not hold an opinion contrary to yours?

I don't think you have seen me saying anything other than that, have you?

So for the purpose of any issues between you and I, I would like to make that issue crystal clear.......

Mickey is banned....I've moved past that.

What I don't understand is why you have not addressed the comments that I have made in this thread about the behavior of both jman and (censored)?
Old 03-29-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I accept (and have also previously acknowledged) that Mickey is banned. In that acceptance is the fact that I disagree with the decision.

[/ QUOTE ]
Myrtle...

I hold an opinion contrary to yours on your own actions since the politics mods were changed.

However, you don't see me starting new threads about it, and circumventing locks in ATF to continue discussing my agenda of how you're putting the politics forum in danger. That's the point, don't you think? Not the disagreement, but the insane level to which you're taking your crusade.

You're just one poster out of thousands. You've had your say. Walk small for a while and try out the new scheme. Nothing you say at this point will change anything except increasing the chances of getting the forum locked. Which makes me question your reasons for continuing on with this crusade.

I like reading politics. So please stop. At least for now. Yes it sucks. Yes it's unfair. Yes, in a perfect world you should be able to shout out at the top of your lungs forever and everyone will love you. But in real life people get annoyed at you after a while. Mat has been patient, but his patience is coming to an end. For the sake of the rest of us who like reading politics, please stop pushing it.

If the moderation is still bad and unwelcomed and unwanted in politics in a month's time, then I'm sure you can reopen the debate.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i vote close.

again. 2 choices.

[/ QUOTE ]
Everyone continuing to post in this thread should realize that Mat is dead serious about this. I know some of you would rather continue to complain than keep Politics open.

If you continue to complain, you should keep in mind that all you are accomplishing is driving nails into our collective coffin. Mickey is past tense. Even if he were unbanned, I'm not sure he would come back given his farewell post. Mat (not Mason) closed Politics once because he was tired of dealing with us and he'll do it again. The forum will exist exactly as long as its worth the headache we give Mat.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:27 PM

mat,

rather than close the politics forum, you could just ban people from complaining about the politics forum in ATF. that way at least only the people crazy enough to moderate those jackals have to deal with it.

or you could just permanently IP ban anybody who compares anyone who hasn't committed genocide to the Nazis. as far as i know no mods other than TT have committed any hate crimes so we should be in the clear there.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i vote close.

again. 2 choices.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat,

Just for the purpose of clarification between the two of us....

So for the purpose of any issues between you and I, I would like to make that issue crystal clear.......

Mickey is banned....I've moved past that.

What I don't understand is why you have not addressed the comments that I have made in this thread about the behavior of both jman and (censored)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 03-29-2007, 11:44 PM

About the About the Forums forum?
Old 03-30-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i vote close.

again. 2 choices.

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful Mat, Myrtle might go on a hunger strike if you make such a rash move. Seriously, who gives a rat's behind about a few enraged politics posters and the perceived injustice of it all. Please do not close the forum, it and the SMP forum are a treasure trove of information. Much of this site is rather juvenile and that's fine, but alienating those who enjoy the mature and thought provoking content available would be unfortunate. Do you really think it best for 2+2 to be exclusively beer, boobs, and a little poker? Good for your business and image to have some intellectual content as well.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I show neither respect nor decorum towards, nor is any deserved from, someone who compares the actions of myself and the leadership of 2+2 with those of a regime that murdered millions of people (and several of my relatives). That will be my final comment in this thread, and towards Myrtle.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm finished commenting on the Politics forum for all the obvious reasons, but this comment from Jman is a total joke. It never happened. You misinterpreted what was written and seem to want to stick with it despite having been corrected.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:44 AM

close politics please
Old 03-30-2007, 06:43 AM

Keep politics open, but ban everyone using big words and circular logic so it can be better understood by the common man.

Politics Yes!

Politics Posters No!