Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Greatest sports moment of your entire life?

I guess mine would be a hole in one. The thing that made it even a better "moment" was that there were 8 of us playing that day in back to back foursomes - and the other foursome was in front of my foursome on the next tee, which looked out perfectly over the green of the Par 3 hole. So when it went in, not only was everyone going crazy in my group, but so were the 4 guys in front of us. So I have 7 signatures on my hole-in-one ball.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:03 PM

Soccer league.
12 teams playing each other twice (22 matches total in the season).

After the first 11 matches, we were in 2nd position trailing the leading team by 14 points, who have won every single match except the one vs us that ended in a draw.
Our coach tells us we're not going to catch the top team anymore, but should at least play our best soccer to make the best of the situation.

We then go on a 9 match winning streak while the leading team seems to get nervous and drops some points.
We then beat them on their home ground in the 2nd last match of the season which put us ahead of them.
Won the last match, too, and took the title.

I'll never forget that party.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my first college volleyball match I was playing middle blocker and my ex-girlfriend's boyfriend played for the University of Arizona and was across from me. I blocked his first four attacks. After the fourth, I looked across the net and said, "You're my bitch!"

He replied, "I'm [censored] yours."

To which I asked, "Can you still taste me when you kiss her?"

He had to be restrained and I was the "Mr. Goodbar" player of the week.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome!
Old 03-28-2007, 12:31 PM

I finished third behind Tiger Woods and some other guy in the 36 hole stroke play segment of the 1992 US Junior Amateur at Bay Hill. This meant that I got the third seed going into 64 man match play. Long story short, I got beat in the quarters (final 8) and Tiger won the second of his 3 straight US Juniors. He also went on to a pretty good golfing career while I played college golf and now am a financial consultant. I did win my club championship last year though, lol.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was 9, playing a cricket game at my brother's schools sports day. They were 11. Bowled by first over and got smashed for 13. Embarrassed, I was content to field the rest of the day. Then when it was obvious they were going to win I asked for a bowl. Took a hat trick. 4th ball hit the bails but they didnt come off We went on to win.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, that's awesome! OK, so I have no idea what this means. I italicized what I did understand, and it all sounds good.

I'm enjoying reading all of these, still trying to conjur up what my greatest moment might be.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:46 PM

Mine is not a moment of triumph, well, not of team triumph. I was a bench warmer, just generally picking up some of my mop up time at the end of games. An emotional favorite though, had a lot of people rooting for me. I received a great lead pass from a teammate and went in for dunk. I remember it being a pretty packed game and being so excited a blacked out for a bit.

I got home later that night and dad says "that was a nice basket". Parents weren't too big into the basketball.

Also in super little league, I turned a double play while playing second with the game on the line, most notable because at that age, double plays just didn't happen, actually, for the most part plays just didn't happen, it was pretty terrific, some of the players didn't even know what happened it was so unusual.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my first college volleyball match I was playing middle blocker and my ex-girlfriend's boyfriend played for the University of Arizona and was across from me. I blocked his first four attacks. After the fourth, I looked across the net and said, "You're my bitch!"

He replied, "I'm [censored] yours."

To which I asked, "Can you still taste me when you kiss her?"

He had to be restrained and I was the "Mr. Goodbar" player of the week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, that is a vnh
Old 03-28-2007, 01:55 PM

Volleyball with exgf current bf and third to Tiger in US Junior Amateur are tied for the lead in this thread, imo.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was 9, playing a cricket game at my brother's schools sports day. They were 11. Bowled by first over and got smashed for 13. Embarrassed, I was content to field the rest of the day. Then when it was obvious they were going to win I asked for a bowl. Took a hat trick. 4th ball hit the bails but they didnt come off We went on to win.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, that's awesome! OK, so I have no idea what this means. I italicized what I did understand, and it all sounds good.

[/ QUOTE ]

[Seinfeld]So I said, what is this, the T-interval?[/Seinfeld]
Old 03-28-2007, 02:03 PM

From Alobar's "ever come in first" thread:

[ QUOTE ]
6th or 7th grade my basketball team won first place. I was the "star" of the team and arguably the best player in the league (top 3 definitely). It was a best of 3 Finals, and we were down 0-1. In the second game, we were down by 1 in double-OT with 1.7 seconds left. I hit a half court shot to win. Game 3, tie game with 5 seconds left, I hit a shot from the corner to win the game.

I easily peaked in life that week.

[/ QUOTE ]

So that halfcourt shot was definitely tops for me. Team rushed the court, pile on, sundaes after the game. We were a better team than them, and we got absolutely hosed by the refs in the first game (the coach of the team we knocked out in the first round was one of the refs). My lifelong arch nemesis played for the other team (one of the best players in the league but a poor sport and crybaby. He fouled out 2 minutes into the 4th quarter and cried. What a bitch.). So it was sort of poetic justice. No way we were getting swept in the Finals.