Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: *World Golf Championship* Doral....Discussion Thread

4 or 5 shots ahead is just too much for that course. What was the low round of the tourney.. 66? There was only a handful of players close enough to make him shoot under par even if they matched that.

I thought Tiger's round was actually pretty sloppy. He screwed up several lag putts and missed some short ones too. His ball striking was fantastic though. He should have been 4 or 5 under.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Re: *World Golf Championship* Doral....Discussion Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think other tour players are leaving cigar butts or sunflower seeds on the greens during a tournament. Also, I don't know what exactly you are touching in the course of a round that is so unsanitary.

[/ QUOTE ]
Christ just let it go, nit. I'm not exactly Howard Hughes although I wash my hands quite a bit - before every meal, several times/day, etc. But germs are everywhere and some saliva in a golf cup is a 1 in 100,000 annoyance, and it's not like I'm going to lick my goddamned golf ball afterwards anyway. If this shows up in the upcoming week via wire stories or quotes from the pros then I'll think it mattered, but the fact is they don't care and you're just some guy on the internet who feels that he must pointlessly defend his position.

If there was a mild surprise, it was that Wetterich did a decent job of hanging around. It's slightly reminiscent of Bob May in 2000 in the PGA at Valhalla, although May actually led going into the final round by one IIRC. Glad I went golfing instead of sticking around for the end of this one.