Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Blackberries / Treos / Smart Phones - Any good?

I have a Blackjack that I am very happy with. I use it mostly for AIM/MSN, scoreboard watching, and email access. I don't have the $40 a month data package, and the unlimited text/data as a poster said above for like $15.

It comes with two batteries so the battery life is better than any other smartphone out there provided you dont mind powering down for 2 mins to switch the battery.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:37 PM

Blackberries are the best. I am switching from my current one to this one the day it comes out.

www.blackberry8800.com
Old 06-28-2007, 07:37 PM

Do any of the smart phones take regular audio headphone jacks? How's the audio quality?

I want a device that can:
1) Replace my cell and ipod 5G
2) Act like a modem for my laptop
3) GPS/driving directions
4) Install 3rd party apps (probably games)
5) Occasionally look things up on google

I don't have any friends, so instant messing and sending pictures and all that doesn't matter to me.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:18 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

blackberry curve has regualr headphone jack. it doesnt have GPS though. it has gotten very good reviews
Old 06-29-2007, 01:24 AM

I was recently in the market for a smart phone and was looking at the Blackjack. I was pretty unhappy with Verizon (billing reasons) and the stupid VCast "features" that never worked for my location. I wanted something that had internet browser, good functionality, a good battery life, and great reception. I had heard many complaints about the Blackberry, and didn't even consider it an option. It was either the Q or switching over to Samsung for the Blackjack.

I ended up getting staying with Verizon and getting the black Motorola Q, and it was everything I was looking for. Windows mobile, full internet browser (works for wherever you get your Verizon service), the reception is almost better than my last phone (Samsung A930, best reception I've had on a phone to date), I don't have to hassle with VCast anymore, the battery life is pretty damn decent for what it does (I got two and half days with two hour-long convos and intermittent calls/texts/internet during) before I felt like I had to plug it in although it could've gone longer, and it fits everywhere I need it to. It's slim, light, amazingly capable of things I wasn't expecting, and I couldn't be happier. Wireless file transfers from the PC, bluetooth connect to other comps, unlimited dataplan for the internet, etc. etc. and all in all just a great package.

Black Motorola Q ftw
Old 08-15-2007, 02:32 AM

I'm still looking for a smart phone, and I've learned a lot. Phonescoop.com is pretty awesome. Here is is a comparison of the ones most similar to what I'm looking for, although I've really eliminated the palm and the iphone:

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare...mp;id%5B%5D=954

Two niggling details are keeping me from snap-buying the Nokia N95, which otherwise seems to totally kick ass:

1) What are all the implications of getting an unlocked phone that isn't directly supported/sold by any major US carrier?

2) Will I regret getting a Symbian OS phone, when the market for 3rd party software for PocketPC seems so much more varied/robust? (From my days of using a non-phone palm, I'm aware of at least 1. Astraware's games, and 2. Blackjack Mentor, that are only available for palm and windows mobile. I'm sure there are hundreds of other interesting apps/companies with the same platform targets.) Any Symbian users want to defend their platform?
Old 08-15-2007, 07:09 AM

I own the new Blackberry Curve and love it. Best Blackberry made to date and I have had or used everyone thats been out (its part of my job after all)

The blackberry though is only good if you email a lot. Other wise its a waste
Old 08-15-2007, 07:21 AM

I bought the Motorola Q because the Blackberry was like 799 without my yearly upgrade. I wasn't sure how it was gonna be, but I was completely surprised. The Q is the best phone I have ever owned.

Can you sync a blackberry with your computer? If it was in an earlier post I skipped this note...

This is the best feature of my phone. I can update my contacts and schedule everything on my Outlook Calender, then sync it with my phone (which takes two seconds) and I am on the road. It's unbelievable. Plus the phone itself if awesome and Windows based.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
blackberry curve has regualr headphone jack. it doesnt have GPS though. it has gotten very good reviews

[/ QUOTE ]

the next Gen one (thats already avail in asia) has GPS and is 3G , its due out end of sept around here
Old 08-15-2007, 10:10 AM

I had a Blackberry and when my contract ran out I got a Blackjack. I like the slimness of the blackjack, but the useer interface of the blackberry is aweseome. I don't use most of the features though. I disabled the connection to my work email because I hated taking my work home wiht me. Browsing/navigating the internet on a phone sucks ass. So I stopped paying for unlimited data and got unlimited texting and that's it.