Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2006, 12:25 PM

Default Re: etiquette and experience of seeing someone else\'s cards

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, if someone is that dumb and doesn't know to keep other players from seeing their hand, they probably won't be playing live poker for very long because they will soon be broke.

I agree with kindly letting them know ONCE to protect their hand, but after that they become fair game.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly my point.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:58 PM

Default Re: etiquette and experience of seeing someone else\'s cards

[ QUOTE ]
what is the etiquette of seeing someone else's cards? in my limited B&M experience, it has happened alot (people beside me who don't protect their cards at all, hope i'm making enough effort not to see them).. luckily, i haven't been in a hand when i've seen the cards (suggesting i am careful not to see the other player's cards).

if you see the other player's cards (when in the hand), are you morally obligated to inform the table of such??

curious about this... BTW, seeing their cards, these people are making horrible plays. calling pocket 8's on river vs. 3 opponents with 3 overcards on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

"these people are making horrible plays. calling pocket 8's on river vs. 3 opponents with 3 overcards on the board." They must have seen the limit WPT show on the previous night, though that pair of snowmen were only facing one aggressive opponent heads-up. :P

As for the original question- ugh. I would play on silently and then tell the person to protect their cards.... ONCE, maybe twice.

If the person folded the hand before conclusion, I might reveal the information to the other players... I might not. I would feel that I should, but not sure if I'd follow through