Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Suns-Mavs

Jack,

There's two ways to look at the rebound thing: it's remarkable that they gave up that many rebounds to a team of the Mavs caliber and yet found a way to win the game. On the other hand, it isn't something that's sustainable over the course of a series.

As for the T, the way it was explained on TV is that he "earned" the T on the other end but the ref waited until it was clear the Suns weren't trying to push the tempo before he blew the whistle. I guess like how hockey penalties aren't called until a change of possession.

Regarding the Suns putting Dallas away, I think you have it backwards: I think Dallas came back by virtue of their own ability, and then they blew the game by way of some key missed free throws. They seemed in utter control from halfway through the second quarter until there were about 3-4 minutes left in regulation.

Anyway it was just an entertaining regular season game and that's about it. I actually wanted Dirk to make that shot at the end of second OT so it didn't have to end.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:12 AM

lol @ dampier getting 11 offensive rebounds. that is ridiculous.

ive said all year i think SA > PHX> DAL and nothing has happened this year to make me think otherwise.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:16 AM

stat of the night- jump balls:

Dampier:3 STAT: 0

WHAT THE FK?
Old 03-15-2007, 01:24 AM

A lot of Damp's ORB's came from blowing his putback opportunities and then re-tipping the ball while his hands were still up protecting it, so I think that figure is a little misleading.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:09 AM

As I posted in another thread Amare Stoudemire is the difference in this seris. Tonight he had 41 points and 10 rebounds on only 19 shot attempts.

But clearly the Suns have some work to do before the playoffs start, they gave up way to many offensive rebounds although I think the final stats are somewhat misleading because it took Dampier and Diop about 3 attempts to make a layup.

Also, LOL at all the Mavs fans who think they got jobbed by the officials tonight. It was a poorly officiated game all the way around and to lay blame for your lose on the officials is absurd. However, that's what I've come to expect from Mavs fans.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, LOL at all the Mavs fans who think they got jobbed by the officials tonight. It was a poorly officiated game all the way around.... However, that's what I've come to expect from Steve Javie.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-15-2007, 02:53 AM

I'm not usually a big fan of the NBA but I'll watch this match up allll day long. Amazing game and some great ball played all around.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:56 AM

I just watched the 4th quarter and overtimes on my brand new HDTV and I think I came three times. I am in love with my TV.

Also, the Mavs are chokers.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:27 AM

best game of the regular season by far. I'll be seriously disappointed if they don't meet in the playoffs.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:14 PM

Calling the defending Western conference champions "chokers" because of a regular season game which cuts their lead for the #1 overall record in the league down to 2.5 games is ridiculous. The fact is that these are glorified exhibitions at this point in the year.

Were the Mavs chokers when they were tied 3-3 with the Spurs and won Game 7 in San Antonio? Was Dirk a choker when he made that crucial 3 point play in the final minute? Yes, they blew a 2-0 lead to the Heat, but it wasn't like they played badly in that series. It's tough to defend one of the Top 5 players in the league when you get whistled for a foul every time you get within 5 feet of him.

Anyway, how about all you fans of the OMG!SUNS! shut up about clutch performances until you win a playoff series over someone better than the LA Clippers.