Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: On The Velocity: thirddan\'s log

[ QUOTE ]
thirddan,

Your suppose to feel horrible. Thats the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe, maybe not...the original blog done by shugart says that the first week is relatively easy and the second week is the hardest...i think the lack of sleep was the main problem for how [censored] i felt yesterday...feel quite good today and am looking forward to working out...gonna try going around 9 rather than at 11 like i usually do...i used to always go late to miss the crowd so i don't have to wait for machines/benches, but since nobody uses the squat or power racks im gonna try going earlier [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2007, 05:06 PM

Third,

Yeah, lack of sleep is a killer as you get used to it. But you're gonna feel bad during ketosis. Its not like a "happy" diet. You should end up feeling run down most days and then restless in bed.

Otherwise everyone would just do these diets and everyone would look great [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2007, 10:54 PM

I'm def interested in reading your log, so keep up the good work.

Also, OT, I got REAL sick for about 3-4 days and didn't eat anything and slept all day. Pretty much barfed/crapped out everything I ate. What can I expect when I hit the gym tomorrow the or the day after? People have made comments like I look skinnier and smaller already, but that seems extreme for so little time.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:59 PM

gog,
i think you can expect to feel like [censored] and have no energy...there is a difference between what im doing and puking for three days straight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

im getting a reasonalbe amount of nutrients prot/fat/carbs through my shakes/supps/vits so im still eating better than like 90% of people even though i am severely limiting my calories...
Old 03-17-2007, 03:25 AM

just got back from the gym...i feel pretty good...took a nap after work which really helped...im gonna attribute 90% of the bad feeling from yesterday to having missed a ton of sleep...tomorrow im gonna head to vitaminworld and get some zma so hopefully that will help...

it turns out that my gym (24hr) had a dip belt (a chain inside a clear tube) in their lost and found that i could use for weighted dips that was good...

-Dips 10x3 @ 35 on the belt
-Barbell Row 10x3 @ 125 not bad, but i prob could have done more weight, gonna try 135/145 next week...
-Lateral Raise 3x8 @ 15 - i think i would be cool at 18lbs, but i think 20 might be too much for now
-Lunges 3x8 @ 30 - holding dumbells, might do a barbell next week...left my knee sleeve in the car and i could def feel my knee bothering me on my last set of right legs
-Standing Calf Raise 1x10 @ 140
-Skull Crusher 1x10 @ 55 - this was a bit too light so i supersetted it with a set of 10 close grip bench, meh...
-Barbell Curl 1x10 @ 60 - again a bit too light
-Crunch 3x8 @ 90 - meh

i feel that im erring a bit on the side of caution with my weight choices, but i think its better that i am able to do all my sets rather than reach failure to early and miss reps, am i off base here? its also first week on this diet and this routine so i am still finding out where i am weight-wise for some of these lifts at these volumes...

im eagerly awaiting my shipment from biotest, not sure if fedex delivers on sat, but i should have my stuff by mon, tues at the latest...i think im liking the diet so far and im seeing results (even if they are water weight, not really sure), im almost down to my senior in high school weight and to be honest it feels really good and is motivating...

im really glad i decided to go the whole way with making this log, pics and all since i think it will help keep me on track...thanks for reading it and for all the comments etc...good forum so far...
Old 03-17-2007, 10:56 PM

March 17
18.6 this morning

i got some zma at the vitaminworld store today, also got a small thing of strawberry protein powder since ive been having five chocolate shakes for the last couple days...strawberry is kinda meh, but way better than vanilla...chocolate is definitely the best...still eagerly awaiting my shipment of metabolic drive and surge...its weird i dont really want to go out or anything since i don't want to put myself in a position to compromise the diet, but i find myself wanting to workout constantly....
Old 03-19-2007, 04:17 AM

March 18

not sure if i should weight myself everyday or maybe twice a week or something, doesn't really matter...today i had a birthday party to go to so i decidd to take my one solid meal for this week tonight (yeah, i know i've only been on the pure velocity for 4 days, so sue me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) i ate some brocolli, cauliflower, celery and carrots from a veggie platter with no dip and a boneless skinless chicken breast, and it was really good...sat and sund i basically woke up around noon or 1 and went to sleep around 2/3 so keeping the day short and getting a lot of sleep was awesome and def made things easier...only had 4 meals each day so that saved some calories but im not sure it was wise to go on such a deficit, whatever...im really hoping my package arrives tomorrow...
Old 03-19-2007, 01:06 PM

March 19

ok, wtf is this? gained weight and gained fat?

possible reasons...
1. drank way less water than i do on a weekday
2. only took 3 hrx instead of the normal 4
3. only consumed ~1000 cals instead of the normal 1250-1400
4. started taking zinc/zma
5. ate meals closer together and possibly closer to bed time than during a weekday
6. funkiness based on weighing time normal variation
7. no workouts on sat/sun
8. solid meal is taking longer to digest?

any other possible reasons?
Old 03-19-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not sure if i should weight myself everyday or maybe twice a week or something

[/ QUOTE ]

try 2x a week for this very reason, then you won't freak out for no reason.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not sure if i should weight myself everyday or maybe twice a week or something

[/ QUOTE ]

try 2x a week for this very reason, then you won't freak out for no reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, im not freaking out, more of an odd curiosity...would also like to figure out what would cause something like this? is there really a starvation mode my body could be going into or some crap like that?

it did shock me though, cuz if i don't lose any weight for 3 days, that is not an insignificant amount of time for a 28 day diet program...