Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Seattle: Your favorite things to do or places to go

I'm glad you bumped this thread. Two great things about Seattle that previous posters missed:

1) The Stumbling Monk - an unpretentious beer lover's bar in Capitol Hill.

2) 90.3 KEXP FM - a truly original indie radio station for many reasons. They have live streaming of their broadcast at www.kexp.org and you can also listen to any music from the last 2 weeks. They play a lot of new music and many now-famous bands got their big break on KEXP.

I will add that KEXP plays music diverse enough that some shows/music are bound to turn you off, so you can't just listen to the first song that happens to be playing and decide if you'll like the station or not (which is something you CAN do with most stations). Take that for what it is worth.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:45 PM

Also Red Mill Burgers (www.redmillburgers.com) for one of the ten burgers you must eat before you die.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is the premium outlet mall just outside of seattle pretty good value? My girlfriend is pretty excited about it and I'm just wondering if it is any good or not.

Also, if someone is visiting for the first time what would be like 5 must do's. They can involve travelling outside of city limits and could probably be anywhere within a few hour radius.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you go to the one North of Seattle, you'll be right next to Tulalip, which is a pretty good cardroom -- you can let the girl shop while you throw dice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

These are the better outlets. I remember traffic being a bitch, though, so leave a lot of time.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:19 PM

I [censored] love kexp. it is the greatest radio station I've ever come across. sooo much good music. I would still be living in the dark ages and only listening to rock if it weren't for this station. If you work at a job where the radio is on all day (construction or whatever), kexp is the only way to keep your sanity.

Red Mill Burgers are amazing. Def the #1 burger in Seattle. However, if you are drunk after the bars close, the Seattle classic, Dick's is superior (and its also open late).

Hempfest is coming on Aug 18-19. The police are traditionally very lax at this event with very few (any?) arrests. The rocks by the water are the choice location to toke it up.

Lastly, Go Mariners!!!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ah, you guys just don't appreciate your cutting-edge architecture. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Speaking of, the Seattle Public Library looks pretty awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

The library looks cool.

The EMP doesn't. Just because a name guy built it, and it cost alot of money, it's still a cutting edge piece of crap.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize that, hence the [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. But it is a pretty cool museum if you're into music. At least when I was there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Went there last year. Liked it. Would probably visit again. The Hendrix exhibit was pretty damn cool - especially since they were doing some kind of feature on Jimi and the Blues.