Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Re: ------------ MY LINE ------------

Just calling the river is the right play here imo. Villain is only gonna call with a better hand or a naked 6. So pretty much you have narrowed it down to a naked 6 with your river raise. Also, do you really think he would check the flop with a board like that with a 6.

I think call
Old 03-09-2007, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought a bare 6 made up a lot more than 50% of villain's range, and I thought he was somewhat likely to fold if I shoved. Also, the second most likely hand in his range is a boat IMO.

I decided to raise to 6500, and fold to a reraise. I wasn't really worried about being bluffed off the hand. He can't possibly reraise without a boat.

Thoughts?

Results to follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like it

very curious to what the villian had could you PM it to me or post it here ?
Old 03-09-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Wynn 10k Poker Classic Hand

If he has the six he hasnt reraised enough I think. You are getting odds of about 3,8 and Danesghar even better. But maybe he didn't realise that, that could be; seen the fact that he does bet enough at the turn. If he is a really good player he could be representing the six and pricing you and Danesghar in with Pocket sevens. It is difficult to tell. I would say he has a 6 with something 55% of the time, pocket 7's 25% of the time and something else 20% of the time. The riverbet looks a littlebit a blocking bet, but he might be tempting you to reraise. I would call.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:44 AM

I kinda really hate these cruddy type of hands, i get in so much trouble with them.

We limp with something that the best we will end up with is a small straight, or flush.

On the flop, which is paired, so we could also be drawing dead, we fire a bet into, and get craised. Worse still, there is a player to act behind us. Danger will robinson should be flashing from the robot by now. If we hit, we can never even be truly happy when betting/raising/shoving

Even if we hit our st8, we need to avoid the flush cards, not to mention the possibility of a full.

I would have either raised if pf, fired off my cbet, and shut down completly after that.

If i had limped, i would have bet 400 on flop, then seriously considered folding to the rr. We have the idiot end of a st8 draw on a two flush paired board! And a player to act.

THen, yes, we get a weak bet, or is it just a pot building one for his 86 full house? It looks to me as if he has bet weak to allow all and sundry to draw to their 'winnning' straights and flushes.

DItto for river.

Fold to the flop raise, fold turn, hopefully never be in the river situation, but if i stumble there, i make what i consider to be a crying call
Old 03-09-2007, 10:03 AM

Have not read the other posts but let me take a shot.

I don’t like this early limp w/o knowing this table is passive (you probably felt it was passive/soft).

Leading flop ok (trying to take it right there, but I am not looking to play a big pot here oop), don’t like that I have to call a raise w/ dummy end and probably release here.

If I make it to the turn, I am shutting down unless I hit. Calling 2K is spewey. As he is playing perfectly almost as your hand is played face up.

You make it to the river and hit the dummy end (three obviously would have been better).
You have to call the 3K now, but not sure if you can extract value if you raise, and you will get insta-called when behind, so I just call.

Overall I feel the hand as played was a D.
Sorry
Old 03-09-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought a bare 6 made up a lot more than 50% of villain's range, and I thought he was somewhat likely to fold if I shoved. Also, the second most likely hand in his range is a boat IMO.

I decided to raise to 6500, and fold to a reraise. I wasn't really worried about being bluffed off the hand. He can't possibly reraise without a boat.

Thoughts?

Results to follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like this. Nobody ever folds a 6 to this gay raise, but they could fold to a shove.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:49 AM

1.Preflop you can do whatever you want, fold limp or raise.

2.In general, when a bunch of people limp in and the board pairs, the blinds will check raise a good amount of the time with nothing, and conitnue to represent the paired card while still having nothing, even right to the bitter end even though he has faced resistance along the way. It doesnt make too much sense but it is simply the case....unless he faces an actual raise along the way he may just continue firing...It doesnt happen all the time but deinitely enough to make air a big part of his range. Obviously any 6 is an enormous part of his range as well, and also any flush or straight draw (8-9 looks very possible as well considering the 8 coming on the river.

Sure he could have a boat but that is maybe 5% of his range I think....

So what to do what to do?

with 10,700 in the pot and both of you with 11k ish behind...you can either:

a.fold
b.raise to 7500 ish total and call reshove
c.raise to 7500 ish total and fold to reshove
d.shove

a.weak pls kill self.
b.if u throw 7500 or whatever in there
that puts 18k in the pot, and if he reshoves giving you...umm...56554174234235-1 on the call, a dry 6 is such a huge part of his range that you should call. Furhtermore, he could think that you are only reraising small so u could get away if he does shove so he MIGHT actually make the third raise allin with nothing.

So if you are going to be calling a shove anyway, I do not see the merit in shoving allin yourself, because you really cant make anything fold that you would WANT to fold.

So as sick as this is, I recommend min raising the river and calling a shove.

sheets
Old 03-09-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1.Preflop you can do whatever you want, fold limp or raise.

2.In general, when a bunch of people limp in and the board pairs, the blinds will check raise a good amount of the time with nothing, and conitnue to represent the paired card while still having nothing, even right to the bitter end even though he has faced resistance along the way. It doesnt make too much sense but it is simply the case....unless he faces an actual raise along the way he may just continue firing...It doesnt happen all the time but deinitely enough to make air a big part of his range. Obviously any 6 is an enormous part of his range as well, and also any flush or straight draw (8-9 looks very possible as well considering the 8 coming on the river.

Sure he could have a boat but that is maybe 5% of his range I think....

So what to do what to do?

with 10,700 in the pot and both of you with 11k ish behind...you can either:

a.fold
b.raise to 7500 ish total and call reshove
c.raise to 7500 ish total and fold to reshove
d.shove

a.weak pls kill self.
b.if u throw 7500 or whatever in there
that puts 18k in the pot, and if he reshoves giving you...umm...56554174234235-1 on the call, a dry 6 is such a huge part of his range that you should call. Furhtermore, he could think that you are only reraising small so u could get away if he does shove so he MIGHT actually make the third raise allin with nothing.

So if you are going to be calling a shove anyway, I do not see the merit in shoving allin yourself, because you really cant make anything fold that you would WANT to fold.

So as sick as this is, I recommend min raising the river and calling a shove.

sheets

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that. ^
Old 03-09-2007, 03:36 PM

meh, good enough.

my points condensed thanks to some good posts:

1. fold turn
2. get all the chips in on the river
Old 03-09-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]