Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 05:16 AM

Default Re: cricket world cup 2007

Good spot again boevy, although I think WI's chances were slightly higher because South Africa have been conceding some large totals. I think they were 1-2.5% to chase 357.

I put 2k on South Africa at 1.12 a few overs into the Windies' innings. The Windies then had another good over and the line was 1.21, even though WI still needed something ridiculous like 7.4 runs per over. I wanted to put another 2k on SA at 1.21 but couldn't get through to Betfair on the phone in time.

Whenever I try to bet on an in-play market, I get the following error message: "Our software suggests that you are currently present in Australia. We are very sorry, but as a result of Australian Federal Law, users who are present in Australia are not allowed to place a bet via the Internet on this sport, when the market is in-play."

Is there anyway I can get around this? Using the phone is too inconvenient and slow.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I like these lines, what do you guys think?

South Africa to beat England @ 1.41 (ymu yum, imo).

Australia to beat England @ 1.29.

Sri Lanka to beat England @ 1.52.

South Africa to beat New Zealand @ 1.61.

[/ QUOTE ]

The second and third bets have already won, but the odds for the two South African games are now 1.49 (vs England) and 1.93 (vs New Zealand).

I absolutely love SA at 1.49 against England (all the English games seem to have horribly generous lines for the other team).

While I liked SA at 1.61 against NZ a week ago, I'm not so sure now, even at 1.93.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:50 AM

New Zealand were something silly like 2/8 after 7 overs last night against Sri Lanka. The line was 1.51. Ez $$$...
Old 04-19-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I like these lines, what do you guys think?

South Africa to beat England @ 1.41 (ymu yum, imo).

Australia to beat England @ 1.29.

Sri Lanka to beat England @ 1.52.

South Africa to beat New Zealand @ 1.61.

[/ QUOTE ]

The second and third bets have already won, but the odds for the two South African games are now 1.49 (vs England) and 1.93 (vs New Zealand).

I absolutely love SA at 1.49 against England (all the English games seem to have horribly generous lines for the other team).

While I liked SA at 1.61 against NZ a week ago, I'm not so sure now, even at 1.93.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding, ship the monies
Old 04-27-2007, 10:29 AM

Sri Lanka vs. Australia in the finals.

I think Australia is about -250 favorites to win on Pinny.

All you Cricket experts, is there any remote chance Sri Lanka can beat Australia? I know Sri Lanka is a good team, but you're talking about an Australian team that's been steam rolling the last few World Cups.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:31 PM

Sri Lanka has one of the best bowling line ups but a fairly weak batting line up whereas Austalia has an extremely strong batting line up and good bowlers. A wicket that favours spinners would give Sri Lanka a chance. In order for Sri Lanka to win, I think they would have let Australia bat first and get them out cheaply. I don't think will successfully chase a large total and I don't see them batting at a fast enough rate if they bat first.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:06 PM

Hope some of you were on Australia. Looks like they're going to take this. Huge effort by Gilchrist. I was on the Aussies at -245.

Meanwhile, explosions and gun fire are being reported in Sri Lanka's capital Colombo. There's also a suspect plane detected on the radar. Related or mere coincidence? Crazy sh*t.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:20 PM

4Tay,

There is a civil war going on in Sri Lanka right now. They may have been waiting for the end of the match to start up again.