Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Commerce trip on Wednesday

Surf - hahaah well, I did qualify by saying if you're into indie / hipster [censored]. And hey, hipster chicks are sluts (not that sorority chicks aren't...).

Anyway it really depends on OP's preferences: if he's into a slightly more frat / yuppie scene, than Old Town Pasadena and Santa Monica are better IMO.

If he wants slightly dirtier and younger, than Hollywood and Los Feliz are good. (Hollywood is better though, cause of the many bars within walking distance, I'm thinking specifically around Sunset Ave and Vine, kind of near the ArcLight.)

Sunset Strip is lame, but for pure concentration of hot ass in a walking radius, it's kind of tough to beat.

-Al
Old 02-15-2006, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Surf - hahaah well, I did qualify by saying if you're into indie / hipster [censored]. And hey, hipster chicks are sluts (not that sorority chicks aren't...).

Anyway it really depends on OP's preferences: if he's into a slightly more frat / yuppie scene, than Old Town Pasadena and Santa Monica are better IMO.

If he wants slightly dirtier and younger, than Hollywood and Los Feliz are good. (Hollywood is better though, cause of the many bars within walking distance, I'm thinking specifically around Sunset Ave and Vine, kind of near the ArcLight.)

Sunset Strip is lame, but for pure concentration of hot ass in a walking radius, it's kind of tough to beat.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

the strip is lame...although, some of my best memories are trying to get into skybar on sunset with my fake, winding up at the standard lobby bar and then trashing a random after party hotel room upstairs.

granted i was 17 and in high school @ the time.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:32 AM

well kurosh and i made it to commerce after a long uncomfortable flight (first class next time). i sat at 9/18 and it played likeparty .5/1. after some bad beats i ended up 11 dollars. kurosh came over and washining thathe lost a g at the 20 and ws moving to the 40. whatever man, he battled like a champ and was down a set of blinds when we left. then we saw phil ivey and the dude with no hands that was in the WSOP. now we are getting crunked if anyone cares. who is gonnna be here tommorrow?
Old 02-16-2006, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how is the 20-40 stud8 game
matty

[/ QUOTE ]
Excellent. I've never seen better in my life.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2006, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well kurosh and i made it to commerce after a long uncomfortable flight (first class next time). i sat at 9/18 and it played likeparty .5/1. after some bad beats i ended up 11 dollars. kurosh came over and washining thathe lost a g at the 20 and ws moving to the 40. whatever man, he battled like a champ and was down a set of blinds when we left. then we saw phil ivey and the dude with no hands that was in the WSOP. now we are getting crunked if anyone cares. who is gonnna be here tommorrow?

[/ QUOTE ]

Down a G PLUS the blinds from 40/80? Or did he make back the G at 40 and only ended up losing a set of blinds?
Old 02-16-2006, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can not believe I just read a recommendation to check out Burbank. I work in Burbank. I'm here all the time. OP, trust me, nothing to see or do.

If you take the 5N from Commerce, it's only like 20 minutes to the Los Feliz / Silverlake neighborhoods. If you're into hipster / indie [censored], this would be a good place for you to check out bar-wise and restaurant wise. Hollywood also borders Los Feliz to the west.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]
Millions of people who have never been to LA would be very interested in seeing the studios, and there are three of them in or adjacent to Burbank. Maybe they're boring to you, but when I had people in from out town, that's what they wanted to see, and the Jay Leno Show, also in Burbank. Night life is a different matter, but I also made a lot of recommendations on those.

On the other hand, no one I ever knew, met, or heard of, had any desire at all to go to Los Feliz/Silverlake.