Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: I\'m ahead, right? 66 against a lagtard.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doesnt mean he cant have 77-TT. Stupid post if youre just going to brag about it. I really dont see a hard decision anywhere either w/ the odds hes laying you on the river. Also if you were that confident in your read by a few hands he played pf then you shouldve 4bet ai pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

No that would have been completely retarded.

I was confident of my read by the turn. There was no way he had 77-TT. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

No its completely possible because you only mentioned how he played a few big pairs/aces pf. His range is wider than AK and he was bad enough to give you odds to call. Your attitude blows.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many times do I have to tell you I don't care what you think about my attitude? This isn't a job interview. What you think of me is irrelevant.

He can only have ONE hand here. Obviously it would have been silly of me to raise, since I could have been wrong. But a calldown was relatively easy, since only one hand makes any sense so long as you trust your read.

Just take the hand and learn and stop yapping about me. I don't care what you think of me, and I've made that pretty plain.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone actually thought this out and put him on the correct hand? It's really not that hard. All of you who think you're any good should be able to do this easily with the info I've given you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what hand you're talking about, but the hand that makes most sense the way I'm looking at it would be AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. He doesn't RR AJ preflop and he bets out the flop with AJ every time here. You can't really be serious that this is the hand that makes the most sense, can you? That's a really poor read.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't think you've given us enough info to put him on exactly one hand. Did he cold call the AA/KK in postion or out? How did he play those hands postflop? ect..

Also, why don't you post what hand he had (in white or w/e) so the not so good of us have a chance to potentially learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thing is, the notion that you can put a villain on a range of exactly one hand is almost always erroneous, as I believe it is in this case, but I guess we'll see.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:47 PM

DUDE SERIOUSLY HE'S RIGHT, YOU GUYS ARE ALL RETARDED. LISTEN TO THE GUY ON THE HIGH HORSE [censored]

Feltbelt is the next aba, don't you see?! I mean what could he have ? QJ/QT/J4

Pfft yea right, i mean look at his pf range, it's 46/32 and you really think he has a pair of jacks or queens? Yeaaaa rightttttt

feltbelt has been playing longer than all us so that warrants that he's a better player than all of us. ok? DUCY? playing more poker = better at poker.
look at tuff_fish
Old 03-01-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone actually thought this out and put him on the correct hand? It's really not that hard. All of you who think you're any good should be able to do this easily with the info I've given you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what hand you're talking about, but the hand that makes most sense the way I'm looking at it would be AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. He doesn't RR AJ preflop and he bets out the flop with AJ every time here. You can't really be serious that this is the hand that makes the most sense, can you? That's a really poor read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I don't know your villain, maestro. I know his stats and a few hands he's played preflop. But his postflop aggro factor is pretty low and AJ, or JTs or something like that could well be a hand that checks the flop for pot control.

I'm not saying it'd be great play, but it's in the realm of possibilities.

But I guess not if you put him on the one exact hand he could possibly have and he had it.

So, kudos.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:52 PM

feltbelt,

"he can only have ONE hand here. obviously it would have been silly of me to raise since i could have been wrong."

truly awsome in so many ways. keep this up please. i feel ssnl uniting as we flame away.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

he can only have ONE hand here. obviously it would have been silly of me to raise since i could have been wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is 46/32/2.1.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you see what's wrong here?
Old 03-01-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't think you've given us enough info to put him on exactly one hand. Did he cold call the AA/KK in postion or out? How did he play those hands postflop? ect..

Also, why don't you post what hand he had (in white or w/e) so the not so good of us have a chance to potentially learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay I will.

He had:

AK with the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

The reason this is a good hand for reading purposes is because one can eliminate each of his potential holdings. Remember my image is TAG and I just called his big PF RR. Remember he is aggro.

QQ is out, as he doesn't have quads and would have bet more on the turn with a vulnerable set. He also likely bets the flop with a flush draw out there. JJ is out because he bets more on the turn and likely bets the flop as well. QQ/JJ are also less likely since he might have pushed those PF. AA/KK is out because he definitely bets the flop with that hand. AK of spades is out because there is no way he doesn't bet the flop with that hand. AJ/AQ is out because he likely doesn't RR with that preflop and absolutely bets out the flop. A PP below TT is very unlikely because he likely doesn't RR preflop with those and if he did have TT he'd probably push PF and would absolutely bet the flop with it (since my PF call looks like AK).

So we're left with exactly what he had, which was AK with a spade. His PF raise amount was consistent with this and all of his actions were consistent with it. It is the only hand that really makes sense, with TT a very very small possibility as well.

Having the guts to follow a read like this is a big step forward for a SS player. I've been playing SS and mid stakes for a long, long time, and it's only been in the last year or two that I would follow through on a read like this. I sincerely hope this hand helped at least some of you.

And if you disagree with my read, pls state why and don't give BS arguments just because you don't like me. I don't care about that and won't respond.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

he can only have ONE hand here. obviously it would have been silly of me to raise since i could have been wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is 46/32/2.1.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you see what's wrong here?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would just like to know if this whole thread is about ONE hand being the ONLY possibly hand, then how can you possibly be WRONG come river?

barrin,

the list of things that are retarded in this thread are too long to name and too obvious to the rest of the forum. plus i prefer to let this post continue on its merry way.

mods.....about that title....may i suggest if msnls dailiman is done with, maybe:

eating worms
me against the world
ornary S.O.B
shut up listen learn

anyone else care to try?
Old 03-02-2007, 12:03 AM

This guy raises 32% of his hands preflop, so I disagree with almost any hand that your rule out because "he doesn't re-raise with that" for starters. Particularly the low pocket pairs.

TT being ruled out because he's probably push preflop is hilarious. That would involve raising your $8 raise to ~$500, no?

AJ definitely betting the flop is similarly hilarious.

I mean, you may well have had more information that you did not include which sures up your read some, but to pretend like all those possibilities you outlined are impossible is just rubbish.