Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Re: So I\'m addicted to nasal spray...

Have any of you guys used Flonase. My dad swears by it and I am going to the doctor tom. to get it prescribed to me.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the strategy:

Prednisone for 12 days: 60mg first 2 days, 50mg next 2 days, 40, 30, 20, 10.

The ENT guy observed that my nose is "97% occluded" which prompted the prednisone script. No side effects so far, but I fully expect the bloating and irritability, as I'm bloated and irritable most days anyway.

Hope this works.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did the prednisone regiment. Didn't work. If you have to resort to surgery, check out the guy I recommended as he does the no packing method which is infinitely beter.

[/ QUOTE ]

So he uses splints instead. Well...it may not be as bad as packing but it still hurts like hell when they take them out. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2007, 01:57 AM

I have gone through this exact issue, given my great sinus problems. I was totally addicted to Afrin for about a month and a half until I forced myself to quit cold turkey. It is a harder quit than either Ambien or morphine, but it thankfully doesn't take all that long -- for me, I was good to go on the morning of the third day.

Key to using the stuff is only use it occasionally -- even with a cold, try to use it for no more than a couple of days. Instead, irrigate your sinuses with warm salt water. The salt is key.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:11 PM

Update: been off the spray for 6 days. The Schnozz is clear for the most part. I get some minor congestion in the middle of the night, but not too bad.

The prednisone has f-ed up my sleeping though. I got 4 hours Friday night, 4 hours Saturday, and less than 3 hours last night. The dose is tapering off, though, so hopefully that was the worst of it. I'm pretty damn tired.

Other side effects have been mild. I get a touch of heartburn unless I take the prednisone with food.