Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 06:18 AM

Default Post deleted by Ryan Beal

Old 03-06-2007, 06:27 AM

Default Re: Caution against joining Party Poker

OP:

Your actions with this credit card mimic the action of people who used to scam Party. Party really IS protecting their best interests here. I know that may be tough for you to understand. Play their game and get your $$ back.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:38 AM

yeah sure - life is too short to spend more time arguing with the know-it-alls of the online gambling forums. How many posts on the formum to be classified as an "addict"?

And you are way too smart to smart to be a sucker to identiy fraud. Emailing your signature and passport is fine and im sorry i ever thought it was wrong of PArty Poker to want me to email it just to get my own money back.

The US$56 Billion stolen from people's accounts in 2006 via idenity fraud was from other suckers,not from clever online gamblers like you.

Seeya and good luck with it.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:50 AM

Born,

normally I wouldn't side with A. Dikshit on anything, but party had been taken for a lot (probably millions) of dollars due to credit card fraud. I can explain in a PM, if need be.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:52 AM

This has nothing to do with party poker specifically. Every respected poker site will request personal identification documents every now and then when they flag some transaction as suspicious, not just party poker
Old 03-06-2007, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah sure - life is too short to spend more time arguing with the know-it-alls of the online gambling forums. How many posts on the formum to be classified as an "addict"?

And you are way too smart to smart to be a sucker to identiy fraud. Emailing your signature and passport is fine and im sorry i ever thought it was wrong of PArty Poker to want me to email it just to get my own money back.

The US$56 Billion stolen from people's accounts in 2006 via idenity fraud was from other suckers,not from clever online gamblers like you.

Seeya and good luck with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I've been fortunate enough to never have to give any poker room a copy of my passport. DL, yes. Visa, no. If I'm asked to one day, I guess I'll be faced with the same situation you are now, and I'll have to made a decision. The point most of us are trying to make is that this is not unique. You rail against Party, but they are NOT the only site that asks for this, depending on the circumstances. Other sites ask for this as well, so your warning against signing up at Party is perhaps not well-founded. Now, if you want to debate the merits of such a requirment by ANY poker room, that's another story.

And geez, dude, try not to take everything so personally! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2007, 10:24 AM

ty OP, I will never play at party again.