Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers 2/22

Is there any prospect or discussion of a inter site transfer mechanism...For example transferring money between Stars and FTP and UB/AP..
Old 02-22-2007, 05:53 PM

Doug,

How long do I have to clear my PPA bonus? I can't find that anywhere.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:56 PM

Hey Doug,

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem but sometimes the software will randomly sit me out of a hand after i fold or sometimes even after a showdown. It happens about once every 500 hands and it's annoying. Thanks for being so active on the boards.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"im already a ppa member, but i would like to donate and take advantage of your bonus. but your promotion is unclear as to how existing members would get credited. should i just donate, and then email you guys, and you will confirm with ppa that i donated? the links in your email and website only take me to a new member sign up page."

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe they figure someone who is too lazy to use the "shift" keys (you know, those two, large, easy-to-reach keys conveniently located on both the left and right side of the keyboard) isn't worthy of their time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well put... But I received the EXACT same response to my grammatically correct email. I don't like having to upgrade to an even higher membership level to receive some sort of bonus after I've already donated $50. But w/e...
Old 02-22-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ftp support is terrible. please do something about it.

they constantly respond to my emails as if they didnt even read the original question. heres the most recent example:

"im already a ppa member, but i would like to donate and take advantage of your bonus. but your promotion is unclear as to how existing members would get credited. should i just donate, and then email you guys, and you will confirm with ppa that i donated? the links in your email and website only take me to a new member sign up page."

and full tilt response:

"We know many of our players have already taken the plunge and joined the Poker Player?s Alliance. If you're already a PPA member, you can earn your special, one-time only bonus by upgrading to a higher membership level by Friday, March 5th."

DUH! this blockheadedness is comparable to party pokers old support. except, at least party poker responded promptly. the thing that makes this most frustrating is that it takes 2 days for ft support to respond to an email, and then you get nothing answers like this

[/ QUOTE ]

How the hell did you get them to respond to you at all? I'm 0 for 3 in that department.

Doug, issues not addressed thus far in this update:

-Server issues. I was not one of the people who had the initial LAG/yellowscreen issues immediately after the UIGEA went into effect. I am now one of the players who is randomly disconnected mid-hand, and is out a decent chunk of money as a result (because FT does not offer disconnect protection). This happens several times per week at the least, with no correlation towards day or time.

-Change default buy-in levels in LHE!!!!!. Seriously...this cannot be that difficult to do.

-Customer "service". As alluded to above, wtf? I'd kill to get a form letter explaining how to resolve an issue that I didn't ask about. Even my Congressman tasked an aide to type out a reply to me when I wrote to him...it was erroneous and didn't address the issue I wrote to him about, but it was something. Kind of like dealing with Party's customer support, now that I think about it.

-Not that I really care one way or the other, but for y'alls benefit (something the fish would like)--how about some sort of indicator in the main lobby that tells when there's a Chat with a Pro going on?

-Would really, really appreciate a river 1-outer filter.

-I think it would go a long way towards placating a lot of angry customers if somebody bothered to type up a more detailed version of what you led off with in this post, explaining the insane cashout delays, and emailed it/posted it on your site.

-Second, third, and fourth the suggestion made already about decoding the current cashout page. I don't see why you can't just offer customers the option of whichever withdrawal method they wish, rather than deciding it for them.

-I presume that this "free" express delivery for late checks will be deducted from MGR?
Old 02-22-2007, 08:17 PM

On 2/20, I sent in the same PPA upgrade question as others above, but received only the automatic response. I still don't see any clarification as to how I should go about upgrading and getting my bonus (rather than joining as a new member).

In a separate e-mail on the same day, I sent this with no response:

I must have turned off the Announcements pop-up that occurs when logging into FullTilt. I'd like it turned back on, but I don't see an option for doing so within the menus.

Obviously, you should have a method of doing this within the Menus, but is there something else I can do in the meantime (on Windows XP)?

Nothing in the Windows Registry looks like likely to help. I assume that means that this option is stored somewhere in my luvrhino.dat file. I imagine deleting that would work, but I don't want to lose all my notes.

Is there a specific byte in my luvrhino.dat file (or in the Windows Registry) that I can change to restore the Announcements pop-up?

Thanks,
luvrhino

p.s. Yes, I realize that I can go to Help->Announcements for viewing, but that's too much work. You know, too much work compared to writing Support with a long e-mail and using a hex editor to edit my ".dat" file...

----

Perhaps someone else in this thread may know the answer.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:24 PM

Does this mean that expressed checks will now be an option for everyone? Epass and MyWebATM have proven to be unreliable. Unless you get a competent e-wallet, you need to be able to get people their money within a reasonable time frame.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

7. I am not asking Full Tilt for disconnect protect, because I know a lot of people cheat that way. What I am asking for is to extend the time someone who is disconnected has to act based on the size of the pot. So if its a big pot, why not give someone who is disconnected a few more seconds?

- This project is in full swing. We'll be adding a disconnect timebank. If it all goes according to plan, this should be live within 2 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

On this note, could you add a time bank system similar to the one stars has? I think the time to act on FT is generally appropriate, but occasionally (maybe once every 50 table hours or so), I come accross a spot where I actually have to stop and put my opponent on a range of hands and figure out my equity against them, etc. This takes longer than the time allotted, and I think it's fair for me to expect enough time to make a tough decision when it comes up.

To clarify, what I'm asking for is a button I can press that let's me activate a reserve time bank. Look at the system that Stars has for the idea, although I think they probably give more time than is necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

we really do need a time bank. if you want, you can require players to click a button to use the time bank, unlike stars where it automatically activates when a player times down. that way if someone is away from the computer or is just taking too long on other tables, it will just fold them instead of automatically using the time bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that you should have to click it.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FTPDoug,

Please address the MyWebATM situation.

After FTP "vouched" for them it pretty immediately became clear that they were not prepared to deal with the business that you sent them. There have been some successes, so clearly they are legit, and are trying. But many have faced horrible customer service or outright been denied service from MyWebATM.

Can you tell me what is being done at FTP to improve this situation? Or after vouching for MyWebATM is FTP just leaving its customers on their own to deal with this unreliable company?

Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will have to agree with Kurt. Even though I had success using MyWebATM, it was a very tedious, unpleasant process.

Can you please explain...why would you vouch for a company with zero customer support. I mean they have a basic response for every e-mail, bogus ticket number etc.

Their CS is non-existent. At least have them send a receipt e-mail to their users indicating a successful deposit/withdrawal, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a minute, you're complaining to FTP about associating themselves with a company that has non-existent customer support? In all honesty, what would you expect? That probably didn't even make the draft criteria list.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doug I greatly appreciate this. The only problem I have is that we were kept in the dark way to long. I am glad that I should be getting my check sometime next week through express delivery. I would also hope in the future you will come and talk to us quicker and at least keep us updated. When you make us wait of course the pessimists and conspiracy theories will start. When I get my check my skepticism will stop. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

And my reaction to this is similar. By now, anybody who expects FTP to communicate quickly, openly or accurately with customers is living in fantasy-land. It's simply not part of their internal model of what a company is supposed to do. They won't do it until they hire managers who understand the concept, and how it helps (or hurts) a company.