Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Is this shirt effed?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you actually played, then you're entitled, even if Abercrombie & Bitch is still the ghey. Go get yerself something like a Welsh national team jersey or something. ;-)

Sorry about the rant, but after playing for 12 years, and breaking a leg, a vertebra, a hand, five concussions, etc....it's kinda like how I see folks wearing military gear inapporpriately. You know...if you haven't actually earned it, you don't get to wear it.

Kinda like someone wearing Moneymaker's WSOP bracelet, or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has to be sarcasm, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would this have to be sarcasm?

If you actually knew anything about rugger, you'd know on many large clubs, you don't even get to wear the real jersey on the field until you crack the club's A side, and that the B side (or, if truly a large club, the C side) jerseys don't even look the same. It's actually an honor to get to wear the real thing, because you earned it. And yeah, I did actually break all those particular bones over my playing career. Sorry if it actually means something to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean to piss on your love of the game or anything. Just that the 'fashion' rugby shirts are just that, AFAIK, and can't be mistaken for the real thing.

Also, it's hardly unheard of for sports teams to sell actual copies of their strips, and I've never heard anyone express the view that it somehow dishonours those who wear them for real.

But you're right, I don't know a thing about rugby culture.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you actually knew anything about rugger, you'd know on many large clubs, you don't even get to wear the real jersey on the field until you crack the club's A side, and that the B side (or, if truly a large club, the C side) jerseys don't even look the same. It's actually an honor to get to wear the real thing, because you earned it. And yeah, I did actually break all those particular bones over my playing career. Sorry if it actually means something to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh lord, here we go...
Old 02-21-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However popping the collar or wearing double collars is indefensible.

[/ QUOTE ]

And should be punished by multiple swift kicks to the nuts whenever such behavior is exhibited publicly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough to do - VERY small target...
Old 02-21-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you actually played, then you're entitled, even if Abercrombie & Bitch is still the ghey. Go get yerself something like a Welsh national team jersey or something. ;-)

Sorry about the rant, but after playing for 12 years, and breaking a leg, a vertebra, a hand, five concussions, etc....it's kinda like how I see folks wearing military gear inapporpriately. You know...if you haven't actually earned it, you don't get to wear it.

Kinda like someone wearing Moneymaker's WSOP bracelet, or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has to be sarcasm, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would this have to be sarcasm?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean to piss on your love of the game or anything. Just that the 'fashion' rugby shirts are just that, AFAIK, and can't be mistaken for the real thing.

Also, it's hardly unheard of for sports teams to sell actual copies of their strips, and I've never heard anyone express the view that it somehow dishonours those who wear them for real.

But you're right, I don't know a thing about rugby culture.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all good, and I wouldn't mean to confuse that with wearing licensed gear like a real sports teams thing...okay, so I was anal about it. Not as anal as Brandi would offer up, but just the same...