Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Keeping yourself organized/note taking...

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, gotcha. I bought that PDF a few years ago too and that's how I do it. My understanding is that the add-on uses a different method, where your project list is stored in the Contacts section instead of in the Tasks section. The next actions can then be entered as a task and associated with a "contact" so you have an explicit link between your NA's and your projects.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I've been using it awhile. When I set it up, it was the same as the add-on but it's possible they've upgraded the add-on since then. That sounds interesting, but I don't really see it as being any more efficient.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Backpack is cool, Ta-Da Lists is made by the same people except it's ONLY to-do lists. It's simplicity is alluring.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. Thanks. I love this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored] that thing is life changing. Brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just made an account, filled it up with some stuff. Looks great, but I've started things like this before with very little follow-up (like google calendar, great idea, but I just never use it).

[/ QUOTE ]

this website is great. exactly what i am looking for.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:33 PM

All,

FYI, this got a lot of blog buzz today as an alternative to Ta-Da Lists: http://todoist.com/
Old 02-23-2007, 04:57 PM

I'm overly reliant on gmail.

I worry that a virus is somehow going to destroy all my old emails one day (I don't know how this stuff works).

Is there a way to back-up gmail using Thunderbird? It seems like you need to specify that you want to leave copies of your old emails on the server, but the Thunderbird set-up wizard doesn't give you that option.

I've downloaded Thunderbird but I haven't used it yet b/c I'm afraid I'll somehow mess up my gmail account.

Brandon
Old 02-23-2007, 08:28 PM

wins_pot,

when you set up the pop3 thing with gmail you can set it to keep stuff on the server in gmail itself. try it out.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:14 PM

@wins_pot

yeah, iirc you can tell gmail to simply keep the messages. thunderbird has this option too, but it is skipped by the install-wiz. after the wiz is finished (do not check for messages yet!) you have to right-click the specific email account - select settings - select server-settings and somewhere there is a "keep messages on server"-option. but fwiw, the labels of the menue items might be a bit off because my thunderbird runs in a different language.

btw. i use a gmail/thunderbird-combo to manage my emails and it works just fine. and if you really want or need to you can make an additional backup of your thunderbird email-account using mozbackup and burn it on a dvdr or whatever. mozbackup is a free and easy to use tool... (http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/)
Old 02-24-2007, 06:14 AM

I recommend a software called MindManagager. A awesome software. With I can also make notes on my Nokia phone and when I come home I connct the phone to computer and my notes are the in the Mind Manager software.