Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Sex with hot alien
of course, im desperate! 143 65.30%
hell no its a damn alien! 76 34.70%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Re: POKER MORALS/ETHICS....What do you think of this situation...

[ QUOTE ]

This is my point. You say he's a friend, he already paid for some of your buy-ins. I'm willing to bet even money that if your "friend" is asked he will not concur the phone conversation.

If you went to Vegas on the assumption that he had half your action then why are you trying to re-verify before the tournament...play the tourney, if you bust he owes you half a buy-in, if you win you owe him half the win (or whatever you agreed upon).

I would ship my friend the money in an instant. At the very least you're angle-shooting scum, at worst you're lying, cheating scum.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is crap.
OP: "want half my action in this tournament?"
friend: "I don't know"

that is the bottom line. any splitting of action must be made before the tournament begins. the fact that there was an agreement before the trip is rendered meaningless by the OP calling before the tournament to ask about this specific case.

I think we can agree that if OP had sat at $100/$200 and proceeded to drop tens of thousands of dollars, the friend would not be on the hook for half.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is my point. You say he's a friend, he already paid for some of your buy-ins. I'm willing to bet even money that if your "friend" is asked he will not concur the phone conversation.

If you went to Vegas on the assumption that he had half your action then why are you trying to re-verify before the tournament...play the tourney, if you bust he owes you half a buy-in, if you win you owe him half the win (or whatever you agreed upon).

I would ship my friend the money in an instant. At the very least you're angle-shooting scum, at worst you're lying, cheating scum.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is crap.
OP: "want half my action in this tournament?"
friend: "I don't know"

that is the bottom line. any splitting of action must be made before the tournament begins. the fact that there was an agreement before the trip is rendered meaningless by the OP calling before the tournament to ask about this specific case.

I think we can agree that if OP had sat at $100/$200 and proceeded to drop tens of thousands of dollars, the friend would not be on the hook for half.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously there was a significant level of trust involved. This is A FRIEND. He is naturally assuming that you aren't going to sit at 100/200 because that would be a violation of the friendship.

In any case, it's a small price to pay to find out this person puts money above friendship.

Again, why go out of your way to clarify the tourney buy-in if he had alreay gotten half your action on two tournaments? Sounds like you went to gamble, luckboxed into a win and got greedy.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:54 PM

This is absolutely ridicilious! It sounds like you need some new friends. ANYBODY who REALLY plays poker and travels KNOWS the 'unspoken rules of 'stakes'. I'm sure when he said "He'll stake you if you come to vegas"...it meant that , 'he'll stake you here and there and take care of you when needed'.....This sounds like you went out on your own and bought yourself in and took the risk..and it sounds like if you lost, you weren't going to ask him for half the buy-in.

You got to watch out for guys like that. They jump on any opportunity to get into your money. I think its more [censored] up that he flat-out asked you for half the money 5 minutes after you won.

I think YOU'RE a moron, for even offering him 500 bucks. I wouldn't have given him a penny. The rules of the stake are "You're there at the time of buy in with half the money". He owns half your action in Vegas for all the tournament that he's directly involved with. That doesn't mean that you can't make the decision to buy yourself in. He doesn't own your 'poker soul' lol. It sounds like you chose to buy yourself in and wanted to pay for it and that's that.

Your friend is a complete moron who's greedy and sounds like he screws all his friends over. Don't feel guilty at all. You were over-generous by offering him anything, and he's a complete moron for spitting in your face and asking for more.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL