Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Vegas All-Star Weekend Roll Call

LOL, betty, I love how you try to hide your obvious racism by tossing in "also white people doing it" at the end. We all know why you were scared. Maybe you and the USA can go to a meeting somewhere and work it out.

-Michael
Old 02-19-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, betty, I love how you try to hide your obvious racism by tossing in "also white people doing it" at the end. We all know why you were scared. Maybe you and the USA can go to a meeting somewhere and work it out.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what you are talking about
Old 02-19-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you there? These thug gangsta looking guys were not like what you see in Boyz in the Hood. They were 6'5" and 250 pounds of muscle and travelled in packs of 4 or 5. Acting the full part and occasionally giving you the stink-eye. Maybe it's just an act for most of them. Who knows? It doesn't matter what race they are. Unless you're CroCop and packing a Glock, if you're not at least a little scared when walking through these folks, you're a fool.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:46 PM

what is the stink-eye? and what were you scared of? i am neither crocop or packing a glock........

i was just annoyed by the crowds and the loud obnoxious entitlement behavior, but its a semi-free country [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2007, 05:50 PM

I guess heading home by about 11pm every night this weekend allowed me to miss all this (that, or mostly hanging out in the poker rooms rather than wandering around). I only saw a buttload of people having a good time, all well-behaved.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:11 PM

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho.../12680903.html

Fight outside a strip liquor store near ConvCtr drive when a group tried to cut in line lead to someone being shot.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho.../12669648.html

General tales of arrests, and the story of the woman who fired a couple shots that missed. Plus a woman was killed jaywalking across the strip. I did notice an unusual number of jaywalkers this weekend; people really just don't seem to grasp that 3000 lbs of metal doing 40mph can do them a lot of damage.

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=6107752

Story and a link to a video about shootings at a strip club and the MGM garage. And an interview with a Coco's restaurant worker who says they have employees refusing to come to work because they're afraid, and they've had >$1000 of walkouts on bills.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess heading home by about 11pm every night this weekend allowed me to miss all this (that, or mostly hanging out in the poker rooms rather than wandering around). I only saw a buttload of people having a good time, all well-behaved.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was for the most part on the sidewalks along the strip, so you would have missed most of it if you were driving. Plus it seemed to be much more crowded during the day than night. Parties and events at night were keeping more people occupied I suppose.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is the stink-eye?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 02-20-2007, 12:31 AM

Vegas was a nightmare this weekend.

PERIOD

also I don't think people should be getting on Betty's case for pointing out the obvious. It has nothing to do with race, it has to do with a young demographic of America who blatantly has no respect/compassion for other people or common decency for that matter.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
25-50 NL at Bellagio very good game for a few hours last night, but no NBA All-Stars dropped in. 10-20 NL good as well.

List of celebs seen:

- Nelly, the rapper, playing 10-20 NL, I didn't get a chance to play with him (although his bodyguard tried to mad dog me) but my friend tells me that he was actually good, and he did seem to be taking the game very seriously.

- Allen Iverson, with another huge posse, came in to talk to Nelly.

- Adam Morrison and Eddie Jones, got on waitlists, but did not end up playing.

- Udonis Haslem, playing blackjack.

- Dorrell Wright, playing 10-20 NL.

- Nick Stahl, walking past me in lobby.

I saw many huge, well-dressed black guys, many who are probably famous, but just not to me.

Can anyone confirm rumors of 100-200 NL game with Antonius, Antoine Walker, and Udonis Haslem at Caesar's a few nights ago?

Is the 2-5 and 5-10 action there that sick (drunken Pure crowd = $$$)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you had to be at Bellagio when I was. I played $15-30 Friday night from about 8:30 pm-1am. Then I played Saturday night from 11:00pm until 3:00am. The games were super juicy and soft as hell. I dominated and finished Friday +1013 and Saturday +693. The players were pretty horrible including several who were waiting for $30-60 seats. Hope any 2+2ers in the $30-60 game had fun cause there was some seriously easy money comming your way, especially the guys that were already stuck $500-1K. I dunno if any of you saw the guy with the "castle" of chips, but that was me. I also saw Nelly, Iverson, Eddie Jones, and Morrison as well as former NBA'ers Kevin Willis and Jack Haley(along with two hella fine women....must be nice).

[ QUOTE ]

I was in Vegas over the weekend and witnessed zero racial incidents. Just a lot of black guys having a blast. Yes, some of them dropped the N word with each other, in fact every other word, who cares.

I highly doubt any white guys were dumb enough to use the N word in this environment. Come on.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Were you there? These thug gangsta looking guys were not like what you see in Boyz in the Hood. They were 6'5" and 250 pounds of muscle and travelled in packs of 4 or 5. Acting the full part and occasionally giving you the stink-eye. Maybe it's just an act for most of them. Who knows? It doesn't matter what race they are. Unless you're CroCop and packing a Glock, if you're not at least a little scared when walking through these folks, you're a fool.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I love how some of the guys on this board are trying so hard to be PC that they could not identify the NUMEROUS GANG MEMBERS walking around. Oh, thats right. At minimum Black P-Stones and 8-Trey. No not every black guy with tats dropping the N-bomb left and right is a recording artist. There were legitimate gang members walking around and packing. Gee I wonder how there were SO MANY shootings this weekend. Woman killed at Mirage, another person shot at MGM....I believe there were 5-7 shootings this weekend. I had to drive by Monte Carlo and NYNY from the Bellagio each night. It was legitimately scary and dudes were drunk and tossing bottles in the street towards cars. I didn't go back Sunday night, in part because I already had a win in excess of $2K, but also in part because of the danger factor on the strip.

[ QUOTE ]

Vegas was a nightmare this weekend.

PERIOD

also I don't think people should be getting on Betty's case for pointing out the obvious. It has nothing to do with race, it has to do with a young demographic of America who blatantly has no respect/compassion for other people or common decency for that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. FWIW I stayed downtown and spend some hours playing BJ and craps. The crowd was ~30-40% African American. For those of you who go downtown, you know that this is a very skewed demographic compared to normal. The people there were simply normal Americans regardless of race. Regardless of young/old or dress and garb, everyone was on good behavior and plenty friendly...just having a good time. The strip was a totally different story.