Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: the well: colson10 (2.13.07)

colson got kicked out the Crown?
Old 02-13-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are on the final table bubble of an EPT event.

A very tight player (some might say he's a rock) pushes all in on the button for 95% of your chips. (You both have below average chips).

You find AJ.

Easy fold, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, have you ever been referred to as a rock?
Old 02-13-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You used to play online tourneys all the time, now you very rarely play them. Is it difficult to treat a 100-200 entry tournament serious now? What are the biggest changes you've noticed between online mtt's and the big live ones. Obviously the blind structures (especially in most of the 10k buyins) are much slower live, were u immediately comfortable playing this deeper stack kind of poker, if so do u have a background in games outside of online mttt's? if not, what have u done to became a better deepstack player.

If a guy flips over ak in the first hand of a 10K event, do u call w/ 22? qq? Does it matter if its the main event or a different 10k buyin?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I have a problem taking online tournaments seriously in general, but I do go through times where I'm clearly not putting in as much effort as I should.

I was definitely not comfortable playing deeper at first, and really I'm still not totally comfortable with it. I think playing cash games helps a lot because I've started to learn how hands play out with deeper stacks. It's really important to think about what's going to happen and how your hand will be read on the turn and river when you're making your decision on the flop. These kind of things are so different when considering playing a 20 blind stack vs a 100 blind stack.

In most big tourneys I would call for all my chips with 22 or QQ if they flip over AK. I would have a hard time doing it in say the 25k wpt championship since the structure is so good. I believe it is correct to do so, but it's such a fun tournament that I wouldn't want to bust out first hand.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you own me every pot we play? On a more serious note I'd love to hear your thought process on the hand you call down Schaefer with K-hi heads up in the EPT. I'm sure you've run through this before but I haven't seen it. I remember seeing that hand on TV when I was still a fairly inexperienced player and being absolutely blown away (and even now it's still sick).

[/ QUOTE ]

I wrote a detailed thought process on it a while back. I don't have the link right now.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
carl, I'm interested in your top 5 list of your live poker tourney experiences.

[/ QUOTE ]

and you thoughts on cash side games during them [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, was that in aruba that we played? Bugstud and I straddling it up?
Old 02-13-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you feel like an old man whenever I see you (usually with other 21<'s)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. It seems weird to me that there are U21 professionals, but I always have a good time with you and the other youngins.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:28 PM

I see you all the time in the 100r. Do you think there is still a decent amount of EV in the tournament? Do you think its gotten easier/tougher since party shut down? Who is the most difficult player you encounter in that field?
Old 02-13-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Biggest common mistakes you have noticed in other players? Have you ever noticed those same mistakes in yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really sure what to say here, it's a little too general. But I don't make any huge mistakes that I'm able to recognize as being mistakes, except for mental lapses from time to time.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

carl, I'm interested in your top 5 list of your live poker tourney experiences.

and you thoughts on cash side games during them

Ha, was that in aruba that we played? Bugstud and I straddling it up?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, considering the conditions, I'm pleased you remembered. I though the whole evening being a blur was likely.

having position was HIGHLY +ev [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2007, 04:49 PM

What's your favorite meal? Also, what's your favorite dish that you can cook for yourself?

[ QUOTE ]

Rizen of course comes to mind as I'm writing this, as someone who is extremely good at not letting this kind of breakdown happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

When talking about this subject, mattg and PearlJammer are the other two guys I mention along with Rizen. I don't think I've ever seen them do something silly and tilty to blow off a stack.