Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Very good draw against a very aggro player. Tough decisions!

3-bet the turn if he's anything close to 50/24.. You have 12 good outs, and 6's and 7's are usually good as well against his range on this flop.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:31 PM

I play this the same most of the time against this type of villain. He obviously likes his hand, and I think you have almost 0 FE. There is little need to balance our play against this kind of villain, so bet/3bet the flop isn't necessary if we do it with our sets (and I probably don't against this kind of villain).

In a vacuum, bet/3bet shoving our 12 out draws on the flop needs some FE to be profitable. Plus, we can stack this guy SO often when he hit that we don't have to be worried so much about our hand being obvious. Against whackos like this, I tend to play pretty ABC. NH.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet the turn if he's anything close to 50/24.. You have 12 good outs, and 6's and 7's are usually good as well against his range on this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is dreadful advice. He will instacall, and I have no more than about 35% equity. It's much better once I have checked the turn to simply call and know that if I hit I push and likely double up.

To say 6s and 7s are clean outs here is nuts, as well. He may suck at poker, but he's also shown a lot of strength postflop.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is dreadful advice. He will instacall, and I have no more than about 35% equity. It's much better once I have checked the turn to simply call and know that if I hit I push and likely double up.

To say 6s and 7s are clean outs here is nuts, as well. He may suck at poker, but he's also shown a lot of strength postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

So he only gets it in with a set? We have > 43% vs top two and > 47% against AA. Getting it in here is far from dreadful, please do your homework before making dumb comments.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So he only gets it in with a set? We have > 43% vs top two and > 47% against AA. Getting it in here is far from dreadful, please do your homework before making dumb comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you do some math you frickin' idiot? You've advised getting it in on the turn. If I bet/3bet all in on the turn he's calling in a heartbeat and I have 25% equity against 2 pair, about 22% against a set, and 27% against one pair. So ANYTHING that he gets it in with on the turn is a hand I am a big dog turn to.

Thus, I call, because I know aginst this player I'm doubling up if I hit. Only the implied odds make a call correct (and barely so), and getting it all in on the turn with no FE is utterly foolish.

Christ even your reasoning on the flop is wrong. I am 47% vs. AA? WHO CARES? He doesn't HAVE AA, obviously. Jesus. His most likely hand with this action, a set, I am 34% against. Then you think 6s and 7s might be good in an earlier post ... are you serious? There is an argument to be made that I might want to push the flop (a thin one), but you haven't made it very well. This has been a very informative thread except for your posts. In fact, everything you've said is not only worthless, but terrible advice.

Maybe it's time you did more homework on basic NLHE math/concepts before calling other people dumb, huh?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:51 PM

Wow, you are like the worst and most results oriented poster ever. MDMA and the rest of them in MSNL already called you out as an idiot, now I'll let SSNL do the same!
Old 02-13-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you are like the worst and most results oriented poster ever. MDMA and the rest of them in MSNL already called you out as an idiot, now I'll let SSNL do the same!

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do. Please show me how your math was right and mine was wrong.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:30 AM

That post you quoted I meant 3-bet the flop obviously. And it is results oriented to say "he clearly has a set here", because a 50/24 will minraise this flop with much more. When he has bigger FD or QJ our 6 and 7 are outs, so we are still not in terrible shape.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That post you quoted I meant 3-bet the flop obviously. And it is results oriented to say "he clearly has a set here", because a 50/24 will minraise this flop with much more. When he has bigger FD or QJ our 6 and 7 are outs, so we are still not in terrible shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, obviously "3-bet the turn if he's anything close to 50/24" meant 3 bet the flop. How could I be so stupid?

And that advice is also pretty bad on the flop. He's just minraised me and given me a great price. I can likely CRAI the turn if I hit and still get paid. 3 betting the flop has very little to recommend it with no FE, since I am a dog to his range.

Please stop giving bad advice. As a mod, you should be a better player.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Please stop giving bad advice. As a mod, you should be a better player.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Maybe there's a reason you're still playing 1/2?