Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Re: $400nl: simple top pair type hand against probably bad player:i do bad

I didn't take the time to read all of the responses here, so I'm sorry if this is similar to someone else's answer, but my default play here is to lead the turn for about 2/3 pot and fold to a raise. If he just calls, then I'd probably put out a smallish (1/3 pot or a little more) blocking bet on a safe looking river, and check / evaluate a dangerous river.

As played, I think you could make a case for either calling or folding the river, depending on reads (basically, how likely is he to fire a missed draw the third time?), but without any reads, I don't mind the fold.

I also don't hate just giving up on the turn either, although I know I'm in the minority on that issue. These kind of hands are tough OOP.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: $400nl: simple top pair type hand against probably bad player:i do bad

sometimes i call this turn and river sometimes i fold this turn. you'll be [censored] amazed with some of the [censored] i get shown after this [censored] line
Old 02-07-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Re: $400nl: simple top pair type hand against probably bad player:i do

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd 3 bet the flop here if I was playing the hand like 80% of the time and check raise the turn all in the other 20%

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, do you have a nutjob image or something? What hands do you find stack off to you here?

[/ QUOTE ]

It must really suck to have your a$$hole shrivel up everytime you bet the flop and get raised and you don't have at least an overpair or a 12+ out super draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying fold like a little girl with TP2K. What I'm trying to get at is that if all the money goes in on this flop by us bet/3betting and getting called we are nearly always crushed or flipping. Does JT really call or shove over your 3bet here?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe if you start 3 betting 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on that board vs a minraise they will
Old 02-07-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sometimes i call this turn and river sometimes i fold this turn. you'll be [censored] amazed with some of the [censored] i get shown after this [censored] line

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've been shown some weird [censored] in this spot too, and the price here is tempting. Truthfully, if I got to the river like this, I'd just go with my gut on calling or folding (might just flip a coin!)
Old 02-07-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd 3 bet the flop here if I was playing the hand like 80% of the time and check raise the turn all in the other 20%

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, do you have a nutjob image or something? What hands do you find stack off to you here?

[/ QUOTE ]

It must really suck to have your a$$hole shrivel up everytime you bet the flop and get raised and you don't have at least an overpair or a 12+ out super draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying fold like a little girl with TP2K. What I'm trying to get at is that if all the money goes in on this flop by us bet/3betting and getting called we are nearly always crushed or flipping. Does JT really call or shove over your 3bet here?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe if you start 3 betting 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on that board vs a minraise they will

[/ QUOTE ]

No real history in OP's hand, so you don't havethis image. Still like a shove?
Old 02-07-2007, 03:07 PM

Parlay,

You are very aggresive. I bet you have a huge lag image when you play. OP does not. Therefore, I hate a flop 3bet. If I had routintely been showing air then yes your line is good. As a default, i think it's bad.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:08 AM

so what is better between these 2 options: calling turn and river, or folding turn? if you had to pick between just them.