Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: The Well: iMsoLucky0 (2.6.07)

Top 3 biggest online wins?
Old 02-06-2007, 01:00 PM

Do you have notes on me (actual or mental) and, if so, what do they say?

Have you been playing a lot of MTTs lately and, if so, do you agree with me that they have gotten a bit harder since the Neteller thing? I feel like I am constantly at tables with 5 or more 2p2ers or P5ers.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:14 PM

A few more questions (you and Colson were way up on my list of who I wanted to see do a Well):

Give me three keys that you think distinguish your game from your run-of-the-mill good/winning MTTer (distinguish between live and online if necessary).

You are an excellent "restealer," but what weapons do you have in your arsenal for dealing with (or even trapping) oher restealers?

How do you rate yourself on dealing with those inevitable downswings and bad beats? What sort of mental approaches do you take?
Old 02-06-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Jurollo really a cockalorum?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I just saw this one. I didn't see it last night for some reason.

Nah, he's not a cockalorum, it's just my favorite word in the dictionary and with him kinda insulting two of my friends I thought it was a perfect opportunity to bust it out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. No hard feelings tho, all in good fun.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who were you rooting for 3 handed at the USPC mike or alex during their flip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I was doing the hardest rooting just for Mike to call after Alex moved all in. After he called I didn't really care who won although I guess I was for Alex a bit since he had more chips. I was in such a bad spot in that tournament with 400k to each of their 2.4m+ at one point I was just excited with the chance to make 200k more.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh dude, i totally realized i spent a whole day cursing you up and down at 2006 WSOP.

We were at same first table of the second 2500 shot handed NL event, you were on my left.

I raised up AK, you reraise, and some spaz called. It folded back to me and i called since it was the first time you reraised me pre though i'd been active for a few hands.

Flop: K Q 7 rainbow
I check you fire out a bet for most of my stack, the other guy (who was short) called and i put the rest of mine in and you called.

I showed AK, you showed Q4, the other dude showed AK.

Turn: 4
River: X

I spent the rest of the day telling people how some stupid [censored] reraising Q4 nailed me. I figured you were just some donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, yea I remember that hand v clearly now. Like you said though you'd started opening a bunch of pots and this was the first hand I had played back so I guess I overestimated my fold equity.

This was like my 2nd event at the World Series this year and my first WSOP cash/deep run and really about the time I think things started clicking for me live (I'm not saying I played the hand well, I think I learned a lot from the mistakes I made in this hand and that tournament as a whole). I don't do stuff like that quite as often anymore early in tournaments.

And I'm sure I deserved every curse word you threw at me.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, you're married? How old are you anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm married. I'm 22. Been married like a year and a half to my high school sweetheart.

[ QUOTE ]
Name one area of my game that needs work that you could help to improve.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't remember playing with you more than a few times online really but if I had to pick something I'd say changing gears. That is one of my strengths and I think I remember you pushing a little too hard a few times.

[ QUOTE ]
What are your poker goals for 2007?

[/ QUOTE ]
Win a bracelet and win a 10k event.

[ QUOTE ]
Last, but not least: Huckleberry Hound or Droopy Dog?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huckleberry Hound for sure.

edit: gonna go get lunch, answer more when i get back
Old 02-06-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If given the chance to have 50% of 3 2+2'ers in the WSOP ME (for free), who do you take?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Alex Jacob (AJo Go All In)
2) Shaniac
3) Rizen

[/ QUOTE ]

If any of these 3 players offered to swap you 20% of the ME, would you swap? 5%? 50%? 80%? 100%?
Old 02-06-2007, 02:19 PM

i knew you were married. i just wanna know how u do it. what does Mrs imsolucky think of poker? something u guys talked about a lot before tying the knot? family time vs pokah time?
Old 02-06-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What books have you read that has helped your game. Have you ever hired a coach?? Who's posts are 2p2 really helped your game?? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Early on I read "Ken Warren's Winners Guide to Texas Holdem." It is by all accounts a beginner's book and not very good but it taught me the basics of tight play and made me a winner in the games I was playing at a very early stage in my poker career. After that I read a few various 2+2 books (namely TPFAP) that probably helped cement some ideas into my head but I've never really been much of a book guy. I think most of my learning came from 2+2 and AIM discussions.

I've never hired a coach. My early days at 2+2 were spent in the SNG forum and I remember irieguy's post having the largest influence on me, but there were a bunch of really good active posters on that board at that time. As for MTTs, I know colson and MLG's posts were always very good and thought provoking. Also, sirio has made some very good posts.