Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 12:31 AM

Default Re: Question for El Diablo

[ QUOTE ]
Stuey,

I agree with you that the rules in my forum are not fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? They seem fair to me. Surprised to see you say this, also obviously not surprised to see that you wouldn't be bothered if this were the case. Neither would I.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:37 AM

Diablo,
[ QUOTE ]
niss, Shake:

Why are you reading posts/threads about a forum that seems to annoy you? That seems quite odd to me.

Seriously, why do you care?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because the topics covered in your forum are ones that interest me so I'd like to read it. I have minor critiques of your forum that I probably would have kept to myself because it's not that big of a deal, the most annoying part is your tone in this thread.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:46 AM

Oh Jesus, Shake and I on the same page. This has the makings of a disaster of biblical proportions.

Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tuq,

If I do anything. I do my best to keep it real. What is your personal take on the new forum drama that has taken place over the past week or so?

[/ QUOTE ]
T, as you already know, it's far too dangerous to post such things under your real account. So I've had to post them under my gimmick account (niss) to be safe. I'm sure you understand.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:22 AM

TWP: I guess one could say fairness is in the eye of the beholder.

niss, Shake: You guys do realize that Stuey's posts and actions here were mocking/satirical in nature to make a point that the forum rules should not apply when it comes to his opinion about Cardo's thread, right? Thanks for your intelligent responses to my question, though, your answers were definitely fair.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:51 AM

And what about the other threads where you've taken a similar approach? Do you honestly think the criticism and annoyance stems from a few supposedly tongue-in-cheek posts in this thread alone?

Thanks for your equally well-considered response though. Have a nice forum.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TWP: I guess one could say fairness is in the eye of the beholder.

niss, Shake: You guys do realize that Stuey's posts and actions here were mocking/satirical in nature to make a point that the forum rules should not apply when it comes to his opinion about Cardo's thread, right? Thanks for your intelligent responses to my question, though, your answers were definitely fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so it is clear I will state my motivation for myself thx.

You threatened to lock Cardo's thread. I don't know why and yes I think it is bs. But you can lock it if you want it is your forum. I thought if you are going to lock that thread you would surly agree to lock the tipping thread as it really sucks and they are rehashing stuff to death there. So I tried to get it locked as tipping really gets under my skin. You make rules but you change them for reasons I don't understand. You wave them around to keep people in line? I don't know it pushed my buttons was all.

So why threaten to lock the cardo thread and then not lock it? Why leave the tipping thread unlocked and not even threaten them? Oh they need a threat I tells yah!
Old 02-06-2007, 03:57 AM

Stuey,

Do you think El D has some underlying reason for making the threat in Anacado's thread but not in tipping? I understand why you're upset with his stated purpose for threads and lack of accountability, but I don't see what the tipping thread has do it with it. I don't think El D is trying to be hypocritical because of some personal vendetta against Cardo or a particular love for tipping.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think El D is trying to be hypocritical because of some personal vendetta against Cardo or a particular love for tipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must admit that would be funny if it were true. lol I think this is more about my hate of tipping and me just attacking people that tell me what to do. Why are you still celebrating xmas? Lost your old avatar?

Old 02-06-2007, 04:29 AM

Stuey,

I've said in multiple threads, including the tipping one, that I'll lock the thread if things start going nowhere. My treatment of cardo's thread was no different than the others.